Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Chained dagger type C.

Article about: Hi, I recently bought this dagger that was well rewiewed on a side forum. I photographed it in more detail, please give your opinions. If you need more photos, don't hesitate to write me abo

Default SS Chained dagger type C.

Hi, I recently bought this dagger that was well rewiewed on a side forum. I photographed it in more detail, please give your opinions. If you need more photos, don't hesitate to write me about them. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Chained dagger type C.
    P
    Many

?

I believe it is an original c type 1 chain in good shape. I believe the grip may have been painted or darkened. Possibly remnants of die on the eagle. Grip looks to fit well and be crack free.

I do believe the dagger has been taken apart at some point as evidence on top guard.

Scabbard looks to be anodized and possibly repainted or touched up not sure. No dings or dents. All screws present and correct. Scabbard to guard fit is nice and tight.

Blade looks like it may have been slightly cleaned. I don't see crossgrain.

Chain shows excellent detail and very little plating loss. Also shows drgm stamping.

I'm not an expert so please wait for them.

Nice dagger.

Tim

HI Kurt ...these are just my observations
    First off the the configuration for a Type C Chained SS is correct ...no doubt.

My observations:
    The scabbard anodizing laquer is completely gone and the anodizing has worn thin.....which is to be expected under certain wear and carry conditions.
    The Type C Chain assembly is brand new looking not showing wear at all including the center ramp.
    I would expect to see a little more wear and patina on that.

The grip appears to have been repainted in your 5th photo...but that could be the lighting as the reverse side of the grip is at it should appear.

The blade has been overcleaned a few times and also shows pitting

Again just my observations and the configuration is correct.
    Dave and or Mr Skyline may comment as well.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    HI Kurt ...these are just my observations
    First off the the configuration for a Type C Chained SS is correct ...no doubt.

My observations:
    The scabbard anodizing laquer is completely gone and the anodizing has worn thin.....which is to be expected under certain wear and carry conditions.
    The Type C Chain assembly is brand new looking not showing wear at all including the center ramp.
    I would expect to see a little more wear and patina on that.

The grip appears to have been repainted in your 5th photo...but that could be the lighting as the reverse side of the grip is at it should appear.

The blade has been overcleaned a few times and also shows pitting

Again just my observations and the configuration is correct.
    Dave and or Mr Skyline may comment as well.

Regards Larry
    Larry, Your observations are well founded IMO. I remember some large shows - where with some of the tables I thought I was looking at a used car lot with the vehicles lined up and all looking bright and well cared for - until I walked up and took a closer look. Using the images at hand I was not as satisfied as I could have been so (full disclosure) I slightly digitally manipulated a few of them to show some areas where I have some concern - the small red arrows pointing some of them out. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Chained dagger type C.   SS Chained dagger type C.  

I took pictures of the critical places with a flash and I am adding pictures of the chain links where you can see the patina where the hand of the person who polished the dagger

Compare lower guard with another daggers.

Photo of another dagger with a gap in the lower guard from Militaria Reisig.

I'm sorry, but for me I know what an OEM M1936 dagger from the 3rd manufacturing generation should look like. Which is the same standard as for the M1933 daggers. It's not like they did not believe in quality control even if they had to change the way that they made them (due to government restrictions). Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Chained dagger type C.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast