Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS chained portepee

Article about: Hi guys, what I got here is a portepee for a SS chained dagger. We always see the regular army portepee's for these, as these were used in the time after the regulation was set to allow thes

Default SS chained portepee

Hi guys, what I got here is a portepee for a SS chained dagger. We always see the regular army portepee's for these, as these were used in the time after the regulation was set to allow these portepee's on SS chained daggers. This portepee I have here is a regular Heer portepee, with very fine wire, but on the bottom we see the SS colored two stripes. I suppose this is a specific manufacturer that decided to make these for the SS chained daggers. I don't see any other dagger that could wear this portepee.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS chained portepee   SS chained portepee  

SS chained portepee   SS chained portepee  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS chained portepee
    P
    Many

Hi BL ...a very nice conditioned B1 Chained SS

The portepee looks decent but not my area of knowledge and would wait for others to chime in.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Please post photos of the front and back of the teardrop hanger.
    Thanks!

DON'T put that portepee on that dagger!

It would be obvious to anyone who looks that's it has been added because of the lack of patina.

Just enjoy the dagger 'as is' with the ultra rare tear drop hanger.

Default SS 36 teardrop hanger

As you are so exited about my teardrop hanger. Here are my 3 SS 36 daggers with there teardrop hangers and one in close up.
    Models A1, B1 and B2.
    enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS chained portepee   SS chained portepee  

SS chained portepee  

Hi BL. Are all 3 hangers dated the same?

I looked up L2/5 and is stated that this is an unknown company but made belt loops for SA daggers. Out of all nearly 2600+ Leather article L2 producers ...this is the only one that is unknown.

Can we see the back side of the other tear drops?

Im used to seeing SS marked teardrops ( see my example below )
    I would also expect to see an earlier tear drop type device or variant that would fit the time frame of the Type A and B1.

SS chained portepeeSS chained portepee
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default Other two hangers

Here a photo of the backside of the other two hangers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS chained portepee  

Just my observations.

Production date for both is 1939
    2 different RZM font sizes
    Also the added stamped lines that circumference around the bottom of both tear drops ...compared to my same producer type 1938 example there are no stamped lines.

the 2 1939 versions are void of the connector box seen above the connector on the 1938 type ...which I have noticed that has not been added by the leather producer on later versions.

Regards Larry

edit on my last post ...on the remark / description I made on the " Connector Box " comment ...which is that raised leather area where there is a small leather loop protruding outward connected to the actual metal box clip that attaches to the Chained SS connector.

Larry

?

Here is your answer, no such thing as a SS portepee, regulations required an standard army portepee.
    Also notice the way it is tied!

Best
    Ger

SS chained portepee

SS chained portepee

SS chained portepee

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast