MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dagger 1198/39 RZM Eagle

Article about: Hello Everyone, this is my first time here and I recently acquired an 1198/39 RZM SS Dagger through LakesideTrader and everything went great! I was wanting to get an opinion from the communi

Default SS Dagger 1198/39 RZM Eagle

Hello Everyone, this is my first time here and I recently acquired an 1198/39 RZM SS Dagger through LakesideTrader and everything went great! I was wanting to get an opinion from the community and see what the experts think. I was also wondering if the Eagle on the handle looked original? Thank you for your time and have a great day!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger 1198/39 RZM Eagle   SS Dagger 1198/39 RZM Eagle  

SS Dagger 1198/39 RZM Eagle   SS Dagger 1198/39 RZM Eagle  

SS Dagger 1198/39 RZM Eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger 1198/39 RZM Eagle
    P
    Many

Hello Jaber ..other than the blade being heavily worn and pitted in some areas..I see no issues with it and not because it comes from Lakesidetrader...but its what I can see as correct.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you very much for your help Larry and have a great day Sir!

?

You have to work on your Photo technical skills!
    I had to look closely to see that it wasnt a bad repro.

No direct light bulb on it, the second and third pictures gave me the shivers, giving it that artificial blacking on the guards, the grip looks new and the blade highly polished.
    With pics like these i would not given it a second look.

So here are the rules.

take pics on a cloudy day, no direct light on it, and no flash!
    My samsung 21 ultra makes way better pics then my expensive camera, so i only use my Samsung.
    And no one complains about my pics

Ger

Here is a description of the dagger in Paul's own words:

A Model 1933 - Schutzstaffel Dienstdolch by SMF (Solinger Metallwarenfabrik Stoecker & Co.) RZM Contract Code “RZM 1198/39 SS” 1939. The blade on this one has seen better days as it's been polished hard with a buffing wheel. The "Meine Ehre heisst Treue" motto and "RZM 1198 / 39 SS" (SMF), maker mark is visible. With a perfect fit the blade rates in at VG/Exc. The steel based black enamel painted scabbard looks great. The body retains 98%+ paint coverage and remains completely dent free. It has minor spidering throughout. The steel based nickel-silver plated scabbard fittings are bright and look awesome. The ball has some bumps and all of the screws remain intact and unturned. The scabbard / crossguard fit is perfect and closes with a snap! The zinc-alloy based nickel-silver plated crossguards have 95+ of their plating. The black hardwood grip is minty. The aluminum eagle looks good. The SS roundel retains 99% of its enamel and has a perfect fit. The blade is original but not to the dagger. A fine parts dagger available as for the frugal collector!
    Last edited by SkylineDrive; 02-06-2024 at 04:21 AM.