Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger 1934(?) Real and correct year?

Article about: Hello, I´ve gotten some pictures of an SS Dagger for sale. It´s claimed to be a model 1934 and an officer dagger. I hope I could get some help by you guys to determine if it´s worth the m

Default SS Dagger 1934(?) Real and correct year?

Hello,

I´ve gotten some pictures of an SS Dagger for sale. It´s claimed to be a model 1934 and an officer dagger. I hope I could get some help by you guys to determine if it´s worth the money, because I am a beginner.

As far as I know this is not an officer´s dagger (did they have special daggers?). It looks like the Model 33 in my eyes.

This is how I think:
    - the blade looks genuine and in good shape, some scratches but nothing bad. Maybe too good shape? The mark seems correct. Some oxidization can be seen at the close-up on the mark. Between the blade and upper crossguard there is this black space in the mark picture. Cant tell if its shadow or a misfit.
    - the upper crossguard does not have a stamp. Tells me this is a later plated crossguard.
    - The crossguards seem to match the scabbard in color.
    - the handle have scratches and is a bit worn but looks genuine to me. The eagle and sharp edges tells me it is a later dagger.
    - the scabbard looks like beeing in good shape. If I zoom in I can see marks from wearing and maybe oxidization. Cant tell if the blade fits as it should.

What do you think? All parts genuine? To me it looks like a beautiful dagger, maybe too beautiful...
    What 'year model' is this dagger?
    Is it an officer´s dagger as proposed?
    Is it usual with later daggers that doesn´t have RZM stamp?

Havent got any more pics at the moment, but I hope the resolution stays the same at uploading.

I really appreciate your help to determine if it is totally real, partially real or fake.
    Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger 1934(?) Real and correct year?
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

Hello Jycke,

People should take your post as an example of how to describe and present something. A bit of you're own research, Good pictures and please / thank you go a long way here!

I just wanted to say that. I dont have any experience in these daggers, Alot do so im sure someone will take a look soon!

Regards,

Dos

?

It's real fake, in it's entirety.

You beat me to it JR

+1

The blade says it all and is a high center ridge fake. One wrong detail destroys all hope.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wow, thanks for the fast answer!
    Do you mean that the blade is to long and thin on this fake?

I had the feeling it was to good to be true. It just looked too good. Damn
    I cant believe the company had that dagger out for 500(!)usd. They havent answered my email so they are probably not gonna take it down.

I have two more daggers i would like to ask about. I will be back soon!

Many thx guys!

$500 SS dagger ?...yes it is too good to be true
    The dagger is supposed to represent a standard SS enlisted man type. ( No chain assembly )

check out some of the threads here ..you will find them enlightening
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

500 frog skins on an SS dagger ?????????????????????? That's the tip on my drinking bill !

Hehe, I meant the auction started at 500usd. But you are right, it´s to good to be true unfortunately...

Can you guys please help with determine two more daggers.

Dagger 1:
    Offered by an online seller that seems to have sold at least two less valuable items that are fake. Has gotten many top ratings otherwise, but I´m some buyers have bought 5-10 items and rated 5 stars. That leaves me suspicious, but the guy seems to be selling different items.

My thoughts:
    - first of all the roman "I" is located at front which means the dagger have been taken apart and put together by someone that doesnt know the daggers
    - the scabbard looks genuine with the flaking. Also seems to fit the dagger and look as it should
    - the handle has a chip in the corner of the front side. Also has two chips on the back which has been re-painted.
    - the SS mark looks genuine
    - the EP&S mark looks genuine
    - cant tell what shape the eagle is in.

I would gess it´s a genuine early dagger. But what do I know

Quote by Jycke554433 View Post
    Hehe, I meant the auction started at 500usd. But you are right, it´s to good to be true unfortunately...

Can you guys please help with determine two more daggers.
    It is normally best to start a new thread for another dagger. It reduces the confusion.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Dagger 2:
    From an auction site. It actually looked more genuine on my phone than on my computer

My thoughts:
    - the crossguards and platings on the scabbard looks geniune. The roman letter has been corroded away. Also looks like the lower crossguard and blade has dots of paint on it.
    - it looks like "Meine Ehre heisst Treue" has been painted?? Look at the "i" in heisst. You can hardly see the dot above it. Also the letters have blurs around them.
    - the black part of the scabbard looks fake. To perfect for an old dagger.
    - the whole handle looks fake. The SS logo is too deep into the wood. Cant tell if the eagle is real.
    - Im also suspicious because I saw another dagger on another site with the RZM marking "941/37/SS". That dagger had a more copper finish on the crossguards.

Even this piece is a no-go for a newbie as me after seeing the pictures on computer. This dagger has an opening price of over 1000usd!
    I guess I will buy my first dagger through some trusted site. But I will upload the pics for you to see on this one.
    Please tell me your opinions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast