Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS dagger for authentication please

Article about: I saw this ss dagger on the Internet. I am considering buying it but I can't tell whether it's fake or not. Thanks in advance for any opinions on this dagger.

Default SS dagger for authentication please

I saw this ss dagger on the Internet. I am considering buying it but I can't tell whether it's fake or not. Thanks in advance for any opinions on this dagger.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger for authentication please
    P
    Many

Looks bad to me.

Quote by nbushyager View Post
    Looks bad to me.
    Need a more solid reason why it might be. Point them out please.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Need a more solid reason why it might be. Point them out please.

Regards Larry
    Sure Larry, I noticed the large gaps between the handle and cross guard so at best I was thinking a parts dagger.

What do we know about this producer and its construction. Thats a good observation NBush but some mid to late period daggers..were not fitted well ..or shrinkage occurred over the years after the war. Thoughts ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you for your opinions. The dagger was sold for 1225$. Is it worth the money?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    What do we know about this producer and its construction. Thats a good observation NBush but some mid to late period daggers..were not fitted well ..or shrinkage occurred over the years after the war. Thoughts ?

Regards Larry
    I feel like I'm getting a private lesson - which I kind of like and am kind of intimidated. haha

Well, I am not great with the construction yet, but mark looks off to me:
    1) RZM stamp looks weak
    2) SS should be under code not beside it
    3) number code stamp is too far too left under RZM
    4) I think that the detail on the chain is very weak compared to other originals that I have seen.

I would love feedback to help me continue learning..... thank Larry and others.

?

It is an RZM piece produced in 1940 by the maker Eickhorn (941). I have no problem with the gaps which occured by woodshrinking over the years which Larry already pointed out.
    The dagger itself didn't came with the scabbard out of the factory. Although this scabbard, being a late type C with plated fittings on steel base, was probably made a bit later then the dagger itself. Probably '41 or '42.
    These came with unmarked daggers or were bought by the SS man without dagger just to fit the dagger in it that he already had. Point here is... we shall never know. Were this dagger and scabbard brought together during the period or after... who's gonna tell?
    But all in all,... 1225$ isn't a bad price at all for both pieces together.
    Anyway, this isn't a dagger for the purists among us, although all parts are original.
    Last edited by KRISSE; 05-17-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    It is an RZM piece produced in 1940 by the maker Eickhorn (941). I have no problem with the gaps which occured by woodshrinking over the years which Larry already pointed out.
    The dagger itself didn't came with the scabbard out of the factory. Although this scabbard, being a late type C with plated fittings on steel base, was probably made a bit later then the dagger itself. Probably '41 or '42.
    These came with unmarked daggers or were bought by the SS man without dagger just to fit the dagger in it that they already had. Point here is... we shall never know. Were this dagger and scabbard brought together during the period or after... who's gonna tell?
    But all in all,... 1225$ isn't a bad price at all for both pieces together.
    Anyway, this isn't a dagger for the purists among us, although all parts are original.
    Yes that what I meant to say. lol Shows that I still have a lot to learn.

?

Yep Nbush... scroll this forum and you will find loads off usefull information. Also, buy some books regarding this matter. The money you spend on good books isn't lost at all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast