Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger belt loop real or fake ?

Article about: Looking to get some feedback on this SS dagger belt loop. The leather is old and cracked and the leather smells old , but I have never seen this kind of SS stamped marking on it with the RZM

?

Default SS dagger belt loop real or fake ?

Looking to get some feedback on this SS dagger belt loop. The leather is old and cracked and the leather smells old , but I have never seen this kind of SS stamped marking on it with the RZM also stamped. The metal loop is made of steel , looks like it has old silver paint on it. ThanksSS dagger belt loop real or fake ?SS dagger belt loop real or fake ?SS dagger belt loop real or fake ?SS dagger belt loop real or fake ?SS dagger belt loop real or fake ?SS dagger belt loop real or fake ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger belt loop real or fake ?  
    Last edited by bgick; 08-16-2022 at 09:33 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger belt loop real or fake ?
    P
    Many

?

Show us the rest of it - several views, please.

On the positive side, I've seen similar markings. Negative - the ring is usually shiny metal and the stitches black

Dave has greater eyes and knowledge for these belt loops...and IMO the stamping looks recent.

More photos please per Daves request.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Unhappy

Here is a photo of the diamond shaped mark on an SS 3-piece hanger for comparison.

I don't like the stitching as it was normally done with thick tightly made thread dyed black. Nor do I like the paint on the D ring. These were made of some type of stainless steel. I've never seen a painted ring.
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger belt loop real or fake ?  

?

Here are couple more shots. Thanks.Guys

Quote by bgick View Post
    Here are couple more shots. Thanks.Guys
    Photos ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

He added them up top Larry

?

SS in a Diamond isn’t a real SS marking. A leather item might be real but the marking is bad. You see it on lots of fakes from the 70’s. Every metal item I have seen it on is a bad item.
    Last edited by kirby; 08-17-2022 at 11:28 PM.

?

I won't say who , but I recently bought this belt loop from a high end dealer. I was told it was in storage for many years and was 100% authentic . Luckily it wasn't a lot of money. Need more feed back before I decide to send it back and get a refund. The dealer does offer money back guarantee.

Hello BG .... I have no doubt that the belt loop was in storage for many years ..I believe that ...the question remains on further comment regarding that SS diamond....which Dave H would be the authority on these loops as he had authored a section on accoutrements in Thomas Wittmanns SS Edged Weapons reference.

Now,.... High or low end dealers they are all the same just as Automobile dealers...they all have one thing in common.
    Reputable and high end dealers are as human as anyone else and are apt to make mistakes as well...nothing wrong with double checking...as I applaud your efforts that you brought the loop here for discussion.

No need to return it ...lets find out the truth first minus someones reputation and see where it takes us.

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-18-2022 at 01:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast