Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS dagger by Boker...opinions

Article about: Hi all..i would appreciate your opinions on this Ss dagger made by Boker...i m not a fan of the fit between the grip and the upper guard...and the etch of the maker Mark has something defect

Default SS dagger by Boker...opinions

Hi all..i would appreciate your opinions on this Ss dagger made by Boker...i m not a fan of the fit between the grip and the upper guard...and the etch of the maker Mark has something defects...something to worry about or i m too paranoid? Many thanksSS dagger by Boker...opinionsSS dagger by Boker...opinionsSS dagger by Boker...opinionsSS dagger by Boker...opinionsSS dagger by Boker...opinionsSS dagger by Boker...opinionsSS dagger by Boker...opinionsSS dagger by Boker...opinionsSS dagger by Boker...opinionsSS dagger by Boker...opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger by Boker...opinions
    P
    Many

?

All the parts are original but the grip does not belong to this dagger imo.
    I think he originaly belonged to an Eickhorn SS dagger or even a E.P. & S. The SS-button is the type Eickhorn used and was not used by Böker.
    This dagger was definitly opened (damaged top screw and turned lower guard) so a swapped grip is one of the possibilities.

My conclusion: a parts dagger.

Böker used two other types. See attachements.

Off course this is my opinion and I also know that it might had been possible that they ran out of stock and used SS buttons from another firm etc etc...

SS dagger by Boker...opinionsSS dagger by Boker...opinions

I also agree with Krisse and not a fan of that grip nor the grip eagle set in it, It doesnt seem to belong together.

Could we see the bottom of the grip?

Krisse shows the correct 2 Boker configurations of the runes button..I have not seen any other variant.
    The Runes button that has the longer lighting bolts touching the circles edges is the generic that Boker used. Most desirable is the first type runes button that the bolts do not touch and appear to short and fat.

The rest of the dagger and the foundary marks all were used by Heinrich Boker..its just the grip that appears questionable....which doesnt appear to show any crossguard pressure marks on the grips lip edges. maybe just the lighting..but show us the bottom of the grip ...im just curious to see

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Many thanks

An SS Grip after 81 years.
    Thats not missing paint on the grip lip..thats some kind of residue almost a powdery substance...as it appears. Not sure though..but all the pressure marks are on this ..after being tightly shut..a process that does not happen over night..which would explain why your rip that Krisse has pointed out doesnt seem to fit too well.

SS dagger by Boker...opinions SS dagger by Boker...opinions

The SS producers used a few varied eagle types but the application of the insertion into the wood looks all smoothen down " sanded" where the SS collector would think that the wood should meet the eagle crisply on these early grips. IMO this grip has been worked on and I see a bit of filler compare to WRF Member Rafael Boker Example

SS Dagger Boker Attic find!

The inset eagle sits a little lower and not high up in the middle of the grip. This grip stops me in my tracks and makes me put it back down on the table. Maybe for some...but not one for my collection as these Boker daggers come with a price tag to match why they are desirable .

Give our Forum sponsor a look see Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals

Save your money Luca..sometimes the pain of waiting can not be avoided...but patience can be rewarding.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

What is this??? This dagger is suddenly for sale at WAF for 2600€...!!!

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

[QUOTE=KRISSE;1763548]What is this??? This dagger is suddenly for sale at WAF for 2600

Oeps sorry. The listing of this dagger is older then this topic. I'll take back my words.

Thanks guys...😁😁