Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dagger I am looking at

Article about: There is no maker mark on either side. I may take some more pictures, take it apart etc, if necessary, but its not in my possession at this time. Just wondering about authenticity and ball p

Default SS Dagger I am looking at

There is no maker mark on either side.
    I may take some more pictures, take it apart etc, if necessary, but its not in my possession at this time. Just wondering about authenticity and ball park value. Thanks,

Edit: These pictures lost a lot in clarity through email and upload, sorry about that?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger I am looking at
    P
    Many

I doubt anyone would be willing to give you an assessment based on these small photos.
    From what I can see, it appears to have plated fittings, so, it should at least have an RZM number for the maker, or, a maker's mark.
    You should really try to save your photos larger if you want members to assist you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks, I’ll work on better photos.

?

It could be the dagger of an M1936 chained SS. Finding a loose scabbard to match might be expensive

Last edited by DerFriederich; 07-23-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Parts dagger but all original and I would say a mix between from early to late period production.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Is it worth 3k would you say?

Quote by DerFriederich View Post
    Is it worth 3k would you say?
    No, it is not.
    If it were all original, then maybe.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks guys,
    So I know the knot was added later, and is definitely off, but is there anything else specifically I can point out and maybe get a better price?

Given the lack of some really good closeups - I'm wondering if some preexisting corrosion (pitting) is emerging from underneath postwar plating? Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger I am looking at  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast