MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this SS dagger Legit?

Article about: Hello all, I recently bid and won this SS dagger from one of the Auctioneers online. Shared album - Sundar Ramamoorthy - Google Photos Would like to get a third person opinion. Thanks Sundar

?

Default Is this SS dagger Legit?

Hello all,
    I recently bid and won this SS dagger from one of the Auctioneers online.

Is this SS dagger Legit?
    Is this SS dagger Legit?
    Is this SS dagger Legit?
    Is this SS dagger Legit?
    Is this SS dagger Legit?
    Is this SS dagger Legit?
    Is this SS dagger Legit?
    Would like to get a third person opinion.
    Thanks
    Sundar
    Last edited by radnus; 10-18-2020 at 02:30 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this SS dagger Legit?
    P
    Many

?

Hello, you need to post the photos directly in your thread, third party hosting / links are not allowed, Welcome to the Forum.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thanks. Have uploaded the photos

You won a piece of Junk ...and you should of came here first...so you are at a loss now.

SMF were not SS dagger producers and the rest of it is repro and a couple of authentic fittings

I really hope you only spent $100.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks. I tried to reach the auction site (which is apparently a highly reputed one). They mentioned that the entire lot that was auctioned was deemed authentic. They want a letter from an appraiser that it is not original for a refund. What are my choices? I live in San Francisco.
    Is there a catalog link for SMF to prove that they never manufactured SS daggers.

Thanks a lot Larry again.

?

radnus, I would suggest contacting Paul Hogle @ Lakeside traders Lakesidetrader | German WWII Daggers & Medals or Thomas Whittmann @ Whittman
    Militaria Wittmann Antique Militaria as they can probably help with an official letterhead / authentication that might satisfy the auction house demands.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Please tell us the name of the auctioneer/auction house,, It won't really benefit other members who may inadvertently use the same site and come away with reproductions..

Sharing information is always beneficial and helpful to all..

Thank you

Smitty

Auction houses have that " whatever it takes " attitude and dont like hanging onto stuff. They are movers and most of the time they dont know what they have because they are moving everything as a whole..whereas here ..there is separate indepth study of these artifacts.

By the way ...lets see the motto on the other side of the blade and a full length photo from blade tip to tang nut please
    I want to see my very first SMF SS dagger

Close up pics please of the motto also.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Oh Boy radnus its a bad fake SS dagger,feel for you,sorry you got mixed up in this.Now you have to spend money getting it appraised ,its like,you prove its a fake,that can be hard to do sometimes with collectables.Auction sellers dont have to prove its originality ,and of course dont care as they already have your money.Auctions are a bad way to buy things unless you are very sure on what you are buying.Hope you can return it,but if not a lesson learned.I bought aGerman Red Cross buckle on auction from pics a few years ago and found out it was a fake,they didnt know ?but I should have,still have it.Good Luck!

Still hoping that you will let us know what Auction house sold this to you..

Smitty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast