Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this SS dagger Legit? (follow up)

Article about: While i got my money back for the fake SS dagger that I won, there was another SS dagger that I failed to win (sold for ~2K dollars). Was this original or fake as well?

?

Default Is this SS dagger Legit? (follow up)

While i got my money back for the fake SS dagger that I won, there was another SS dagger that I failed to win (sold for ~2K dollars).
    Was this original or fake as well?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this SS dagger Legit? (follow up)
    P
    Many

?

Now my suspicious eyes suggest this one could be a fake as well (or a mix of fake and original parts)?

It's look like to be fake one too. Crossguards and scabbard has the chance to be real, but blade and grip is fake. Grip look like to be plastic?

And once again I ask what auction house the dagger that you received your money back from was which one???

You will only be helping others out if you would tell us which auction house to possibly avoid... You aren't helping us by not telling us...

Smitty

More junk

One detail tosses it in the bin and its a critical detail for those who know the Robert Klaas logo.
    The stork beaks should be touching.
    I can believe that it sold for 2k because I expect it to be sold for that much due to the lack of study for the toad who bought it.

Radnus please answer the inquiry by Moderator Rakkasan !

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The lot was auctioned by Live Auction Catalogues | Affiliated Auctions

They refunded the money back, but not before I had to spend $60 to get a letter from an expert to say it is fake.

Radnus,

Thank you for providing the requested information.. It will be beneficial in the future to members who may be interested in something from one of their auctions and the unfortunate circumstances that you went through in regards to purchasing a fake dagger and then adding more salt to the wound by having you pay an additional fee just to have it vetted as a reproduction...

Most assuredly an auction house to avoid in the future when others hear about the ordeal you went through..

Sorry that you had this experience and hopefully this hasn't soured your interests in militaria collecting..

Feel free to vet any of your future potential purchases here before purchase..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

?

A big giveaway is that socalled crossgrain, easy to see the grooves of the chisel, instead of the shiney polish a leather belt would made in the days, what we call crossgrain never a groove always a shiney stripe

These socalled regrained blades is what we see a lot now a days, unfortunate that regraining is also a service some big militaria dealers provide now a days, when the blade is in less condition, its a shame but true.

best
    Ger