Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger real or not.

Article about: I found this nice looking dagger at auction and im very interested in buying it, but i have zero experience with daggers! So im asking for some help, does it look real or is it a well made c

Default SS dagger real or not.

I found this nice looking dagger at auction and im very interested in buying it, but i have zero experience with daggers!
    So im asking for some help, does it look real or is it a well made copy?

SS dagger real or not.SS dagger real or not.SS dagger real or not.SS dagger real or not.SS dagger real or not.SS dagger real or not.SS dagger real or not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger real or not.
    P
    Many

?

Real

Quote by dodedod View Post
    does it look real or is it a well made copy?
    Sure it ..." Looks " real .... Not the greatest of photo clarity. I would expect clearer photos before spending your money to be absolutely sure.
    A few dark shadowy areas that need extra light.

One opinion "and " also including mine are never enough when validating " Any " SS artifact which these days alot are faked or parted together of authentic fittings. Not saying this may be the case with this dagger ..nothing wrong with making sure either.

The forum requires clear photos if at all possible for the community here.
    The grip eagle swastika wreath appears to be pushed in or somewhat bent inward and would like to see why or clearer photos to clarify.

SS Daggers are not $500 and would be best to ask for clearer photos and post them here on your thread.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A pinned thread of Interest worth a very careful read through including the link provided at the end which has a bad ending at the end of the 2nd link. Its a story of Rescue , Horror and eventual Rape of an unsuspecting buyer.

Chained SS Dagger Restoration

2nd link provided > Chained SS dagger

You will understand why it is important to ask for clearer photos
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry!

"Let the buyer beware" for sure when it comes to these fine daggers! Sure wish I could find one at a yard sale.

Anything is possible Mauser

Check out WRFs own young collector RyanB back in 2013
    Help on SS Chained Dagger!

not a yard sale find surely an opportunity that never happens like this

Collector11
    ?

The tip of the scabbard concerns me.

A quick update about the dagger, it sold for 1500 Euro and no i didnt get it.

Thanks for all the help!

If it were me seeking to purchase that SS dagger and that is all the photos I was supplied ..I would rather walk away than have to live with doubt until it arrived. Bad pics are a bad gamble and sometimes you win and others you lose.

Just because it sold doesnt mean anything either. In this hobby the best photos are everything when a merchant is selling.
    You can count the money still in your pocket and wait for another to come around as there are some SS producers that are fairly common and affordable in the collectors market.

I kicked myself plenty of times with certain SA and SS daggers and Police swords. Patience is the key also in collecting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast