Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?

Article about: Hello everybody! I recently got my hands on this dagger (dont worry, i didnt have to pay anything for it) and would like to know if it is a real one ore a replica/fake. It looks and feels re

Default SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?

Hello everybody!

I recently got my hands on this dagger (dont worry, i didnt have to pay anything for it) and would like to know if it is a real one ore a replica/fake. It looks and feels real, but there are a few details that make me question it. Most notably: The edges of the crossguards seem to be very poorly made, and the steel rod that the grip slides onto has the mirrored number "1060" on it. You can see all of that in the attached pictures. Each of the crossguards is also stamped "P. A." on the inside.

Thanks for any help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?   SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?  

SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?   SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?  

SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?   SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?
    P
    Many

Hmm. IMO it's been parted together. I thing the handle, cross guards, and scabbard are from an earlier dagger. The blade I'm unsure of. There are few examples to compare it to, it s produced from a supposed unknown maker from what little I ve been able to find on them. Here are some reference photograhs for comparison from Johnson reference books. Best regards.

Brian

SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?SS Dagger RZM 188/36 - Fake or not?

I like your dagger,it shows all the features what I would expect from this producer,
    Tangmark and P.A.marked guards & motto pattern are known by this company!
    Unfortunately it has been '' cleaned" by his owner.
    Regards
    Gerd