Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dagger verification

Article about: Hello guys, hope all is well. Please find below pics of my latest dagger for my collection, any opinions much appreciated.

Default SS Dagger verification

Hello guys, hope all is well.

Please find below pics of my latest dagger for my collection, any opinions much appreciated.

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dagger verification
    P
    Many

[QUOTE=kalifornia Uber Alles;2240012]Hello guys, hope all is well.

Please find below pics of my latest dagger for my collection, any opinions much appreciated.

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

SS Dagger verification

There's those domed screws again..... and cross guard fit seems crude. But, pls wait for the edged weapons gurus
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Total parts dagger KalifUA

None of it belings together ..the screws as Dan pointed out are just the beginning of whats wrong with it.
    Hopeful it was given to you or you were aware that you bought it as a parts dagger.

If you purchased it...you are here long enough to know to post what you are not sure of before asking for opinions ...here on the forum first.
    There are many threads here of the 807/36 SS producer ...which a easy search would of at least given you some idea in comparison.

This early mid period producer always had a tight fit dagger. This one would of never left the building without being approved by an RZM inspector.

I hope you didnt pay alot for it. Sorry

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-24-2022 at 01:56 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

First picture is a no brainer, having been produced in wartime the producers would have had a bullit in his head.... what a poor fitted one, even as a mugshot on my handy..

Ger

Hay guys, thanks for all of your comments.

The item concerned was perchaesd online and having spoken to the dealer he will be happy to take it back. While not cheap the item concerned was reasonablely well priced for an SS, the mug shot on the dealer website looked OK as they often do, but upon handling the item there were a few things I was uncertain about. SS Daggers are very much a mindfield, and if I do decide to to take the plunge again I'll be wanting to see it in the flesh first.

Regards

Dave.

Quote by kalifornia Uber Alles View Post
    Hay guys, thanks for all of your comments.

The item concerned was perchaesd online and having spoken to the dealer he will be happy to take it back. While not cheap the item concerned was reasonablely well priced for an SS, the mug shot on the dealer website looked OK as they often do, but upon handling the item there were a few things I was uncertain about. SS Daggers are very much a mindfield, and if I do decide to to take the plunge again I'll be wanting to see it in the flesh first.

Regards

Dave.
    Dave, Back when I first started collecting daggers I was admonished by quite a few of the more experienced collectors about the "Minefields" - and to be very, very, careful with especiallly SS daggers. That being the case because of their higher value, and there were guys out there looking to make more money with no thought at all of their destroying history for profit. Both small time dealers (and a percentage of the high end ones) and some of the more experienced collectors even provided the names of those to be even more careful of when purchasing. The facts of the matter being that in the Internet Age those who are much less skeptical (ie: anything goes if it has Sigrunen on it) will sometimes generate a lot of online FLAK in making excuses if it affects somebody's sales (or blades in their own collections). And some don't even think that the daggers were inspected. Posted: Some visuals on what I personally believe to be true. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Dagger verification  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Dagger verification