Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.

Article about: Guys, my uncle sent this dagger home at the end of the war; the hanger is odd, so thought you'd like to have a look. Hal PS: The strap is marked RZM L2/371/40, but no ss stamp.

Hal
    ?

Default SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.

Guys, my uncle sent this dagger home at the end of the war; the hanger is odd, so thought you'd like to have a look. Hal PS: The strap is marked RZM L2/371/40, but no ss stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.   SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.  

SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.   SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.  

SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.   SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.  

Last edited by Hal; 09-15-2023 at 06:57 PM. Reason: additional pics
    A long time ago in a land far,far away....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.
    P
    Many

Yo Hal

Nice dagger and would like to see the rest of it at some point when you are able to post more of it.
    The hanger is produced for the mid to late period and none for an early SA NSKK or SS.

The Hanger stamped L2/371/40 was produced by EG Luener. Bautzen Sa. Humbold Str 23 and produced SA and NSKK hanger straps.
    This strap began its life as an NSKK hanger strap and some how migrated over to your SS dagger.

The Scabbard as well most likely can also be used for SS and NSKK. ....So im curious of the producer of your SS dagger.

The snap clip M5/25 was a producer for SA NSKK and SS fasteners for Hangers.
    The identity of this snap clip is : Christian Theodor Dicke : Ludenscheid Westfalia Adolf Hitler Platz

The grip eagle is the high necked variety an the combination of the short SS runes makes me guess it is produced by Robert Klaas...and another Klaas trait is the slim looking grip. I could be wrong but it would be nice to see who made it.

Your dagger and scabbard are early from what I can see and the scabbard might be a 1936 repaint ordered by the NSKK from an SA dagger.
    Your a local Philly boy if you ever need an identification or authentication reach out to me .

Best Regards Larry
    South Philly.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hal,

Those rectangular buckles are seldom seen but did exist so you have a scarce hanger. I did not believe in them until about 25 years ago when I asked Tom Johnson.

Can you show us more of the dagger ?

Dave

Hal
    ?

Thanks, Larry, for your time and detailed information on this hanger. Regards, Hal PS: I'll post additional pics by Thursday/Friday.

Hal
    ?

Thanks, Dave, for your reply...should have more pics by end of week. Regards, Hal

Hal
    ?

Default SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.

Larry and Dave, hope these pictures help. Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.   SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.  

SS dagger w/ rectangular buckle hanger.  

Hi Hal..just got back from the Max Show today and sorry for the delay.
    I see the update photos you have and you have a Boker Ground Rohm

the grip is the painted type and not the typical ebony wood used by some SS producers.
    As far as the dagger is concerned..you have a rare and desirable winner ...with later period hanger ( which could of been replaced during that time )

I would like either Dave H or Skyline to further comment as well and to solidify the crossguards especially the upper one.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hal
    ?

Larry, thanks for pointing out a few more interesting things about this dagger. Regards, Hal

?

Larry,

What are your concerns with the guards ?

Quote by Dave H View Post
    Larry,

What are your concerns with the guards ?
    Hi Dave..you and I have studied that Boker had 2 types of guards ...one being the 1st type have the turned up ends of the crossguard tips and the other a generic type crossguard with no special features....the lower guard looks like the generic guard for Boker,but the top guard appears to be a little different. ..Just my observations.

or is it the photo making it look like that ?

Best Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast