Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Degen for comment

Article about: I would like to hear some opinions on thise sword, obtained from a old collection that have been brought up for sale recently. I am waiting to hear wich details you want so see better pictur

Default SS Degen for comment

I would like to hear some opinions on thise sword, obtained from a old collection that have been brought up for sale recently.
    I am waiting to hear wich details you want so see better pictures of.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Degen for comment   SS Degen for comment  

SS Degen for comment  
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-17-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Degen for comment
    P
    Many

Default Re: ss sword for comment

Hi Kris, looking good. Hopefully others will add more. I must rush, off to a show!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade !
    Much appreciated!
    cheers
    |<ris
    ps how was the show ( indoor!!?? I hope!!)

cheers
    |<ris

Hi Kris ,, and yes it is a beautiful sword. I have always been so amazed at the length of the blades on these. Some looking longer than others. Your example is in great condition. There are 2 Third Reich figures that are opposite in size ,, yet both have an SS sword. One being Reinhard Heydrich as he was very tall and it has been said that his sword was on the longer side,,but hard to say.. the other figure,,Max Amann very short,, makes me wonder if he had a special one made for him?
    On some of these degens some had the silver hallmark ( not all ) ,, along with the "Kulturzeichen". Thanks for showing this,, I would like to see more of these posted as they are eye catching works of art! Nice Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Kris, not being a sword collector as such, initially i thought it looked good, then i remembered that all of the SS degens i've seen in images and at shows all have a 13 wire wrap, this one has 12, now i know there are other sword types that can have 12 wraps but so far i have'nt seen an SS one, i hope some other comments can clear this up as i would like to know if its possible as i'm sure you would
    cheers Dave

Nice challenge,,On page 513 of Wttmanns SS book,, it shows the honor degen belonging to Martin Bormann, also having the 12 sections to the grip. Runes placement IMO depended upon the maker as we sometimes see this on SS/SS daggers runes and placement of the grip eagle. The question here is,,have these Degen grips been known to crack because of the material used? Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A very nice addition Kris!
    I am envious, I would love to add one of these to my collection, just can't afford it.
    Ralph.
    Larry, I don't know if that is the question, as each piece of wood is unique, it is possible to happen to any of the pieces that we collect with wooden handles.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

The swords were made on the lenght of the individual. That's why the swords have different lenghts...

Quote by rbminis View Post
    A very nice addition Kris!
    I am envious, I would love to add one of these to my collection, just can't afford it. .....
    Don't think I can eighter!!!
    I will have to sacrifice some other item....
    ;-)
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

?

Default Re: SS Degen for comment

Is there someone who has an explenation about the 12 wires around the grip instead of 13?

K.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast