Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dienstdolch - 941/37/SS

Article about: Hi all, I have come across this SS dagger, but I think it might me a fake or maybe a combination of fake and original parts ? (no a big fan of the eagle and the "SS" seems to be a

?

Default SS Dienstdolch - 941/37/SS

Hi all,

I have come across this SS dagger, but I think it might me a fake or maybe a combination of fake and original parts ? (no a big fan of the eagle and the "SS" seems to be a bit thick) that said it looks like a Carl Eickhorn from the RZM tag - "941/37/SS." Also, the crossguard is marked OST..

I have been looking around the forum for guidance and found a lot of useful information, but I am still new to the dagger game so I would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Many thanks in advance

Thor

SS Dienstdolch - 941/37/SSSS Dienstdolch - 941/37/SSSS Dienstdolch - 941/37/SSSS Dienstdolch - 941/37/SSSS Dienstdolch - 941/37/SSSS Dienstdolch - 941/37/SSSS Dienstdolch - 941/37/SSSS Dienstdolch - 941/37/SS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstdolch - 941/37/SS
    P
    Many

?

There also seems to be an engraving on the lower part of the blade "0685 - 281139"

Quote by Thor83 View Post
    There also seems to be an engraving on the lower part of the blade "0685 - 281139"
    It's a total Fake IMO. 0685 - 281139 is propably the fakers phonenumber. Try a phonecall!

?

+1
    Nothing to see with a real EICKHORN
    Compare grip, crossguards, etc... with this one :A fine transitionnal eickhorn mod.33

?

With "OST" on the crossguard ?

The Anatomy of a Fake SS Dagger - Your new forums

Dave

?

Haha, not sure of the country code - but yea, I have never seen that on any other tang.

?

Thanks for the input Athor - this is nothing compared to you fine example!

?

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for sharing the link to that forum!
    Very interesting walkthrough of a fake SS dagger !

Not sure if it the case here with the SA marked guard OST ...but just a guess that some backyard shed opportunist may have a glint of historical knowledge but misusing the OST and putting it on an SS dagger because there was an SS Gruppe OST.
    I believe the Trashdump manager to SS Oberstgruppenfuhrer Kurt Daulege held that position on SS gruppe OST.

This is not the case here as it is an SA internally marked guard.
    Dave H posted a great link to identifying Fake SS daggers.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The OST stamp on the lower cross guard is a dead give away to that being nothing worth while to add to a collection. The original lower cross guard stamps are smaller and deep as well as crisp in the stamping. While some stamps were not done well, the size seen on this threads example is wrong IMO.
    Last edited by Rich Moran; 09-04-2022 at 11:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast