Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Dienstdolch in the sale section

Article about: Hi Dave, sadly we cannot make that mandatory as the software does not allow for that. I would say that any shrewd seller wanting to make a sale would post an item for disscussion first (some

?

Default SS Dienstdolch in the sale section

Hi Gents,
    i see there is this SS dagger in the for sale section. i have doubt's about it being authentic. any other opinions? here is the link
    SS Dagger and Hanger. Eickhorn - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstdolch in the sale section
    P
    Many

?

Default re: SS Dienstdolch in the sale section

All i can say Andrew is that the for sale section is strictly monitered by the moderators, if there were serious doubts about this item, it would have been pulled, personally i cant see anything wrong with it

?

thank you,
    i was looking for other opinions. i understood the triangle marks above the motto were a bad sign, and the Eickhorn logo with no wording, and the district mark just looked strange to me. but this is how we learn. and i am still learning. thanks.

Hi Andrew, you were correct to voice your concerns.

Hi Dave, it is not the Moderators sole concern to vet sales. Everyone here has to play their part and if they have real concerns they can either contact me via PM or start a thread about the item.

Moving back to the dagger itself. I have never seen an Eickhorn dagger with this style of marking and I find it troubling too. Compare to here:

Dienstdolch - Infos von Sammlern für Sammler - SS Dienstdolch

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

To me this looks wrong wrong squirrel for year ? to thicker crossguards for Eickhorn and blade looks as if been worked on, more straight on pics of blade and makermark would be better i will have a little look for a true blade of this year and post a pic, bear with me please
    cheers Ronnie

maker marks

here is a link for the maker marks and in what year they where used, scroll down to M7 66 there are i think another two Eickhorn marks but i dont think i have pics of them but wil keep looking, hope this helps
    Ronnie

?

Thanks for the info Ade, i didnt realise that was the case, i assumed that the forum rules would apply in the sales sections as well and that they would be looked at by each moderator in their particular sub forum, as for the dagger now you know why i dont collect SS Daggers

There is a misconception that collectors are "fault finders" and that we take pleasure in bashing daggers in being possible fakes. The other side of the coin is that we find pleasure in trying to save someone alot of heartache from what we have already learned from being burned ourselves. Anything posted on a for sale section does not mean it passed an authenticity test. Everything is questionable!! Sometimes its one over sight in detail that someone did not see that another will voice concern. We all work together here and as collectors we are all together in the same circle, ..knowledgeable or not. We stick together and we have to, because the fakers stick together also.

Hi Guys, you will find the link to the sale is no longer valid.

The reason being I have removed the sales listing. This was after looking at an alledged SA Rohm dedication dagger offered by the same seller: this had a fake Rohm dedication to the blade, applied to quite a rare maker who unfortunatly never made Rohm daggers. This listing has also been removed. I have taken the strong action of removing the seller from the forum. I do not know if they were offered by ignorance or design? However, I do not take this type of thing lightly and protection of our good members here is my highest priority.

Thanks go to Andrew for starting this thread. As I said before, everyone has to cover one another.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

In light of the action taken, which i might add was fully justified and goes to prove this forum is second to none, would it be an idea that members who wish to post items for sale first post them in the appropriate section on the main forum, in this way it should alleviate any further problems of items being sneaked through without full authentication, i dont know if there is a system in place via the technical aspects of admin that unless the item is first seen on the forum it cannot be entered for sale

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast