Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS Dienstdolch - value and authenticity

Article about: Good day everybody. Yesterday I opened a thread about daggers and, as requested, it has now been shared on the relevant topic. This dagger has been offered to me for sale, but I don't know a

Default SS Dienstdolch - value and authenticity

Good day everybody.
    Yesterday I opened a thread about daggers and, as requested, it has now been shared on the relevant topic.

This dagger has been offered to me for sale, but I don't know anything about its value or authenticity.

Would be glad if someone could help me. Thank you very much in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dienstdolch - value and authenticity
    P
    Many

?

I believe it is trying to be eickhorn however is put together parts dagger. Blade is a cleaned eickhorn. Lower guard is not eickhorn IMO and has had a damaged and repainted grip added. Top nut also shows damage from being turned and put together. Scabbard also has at least 1 replaced screw. This is not one I would want in my collection.

Tim

Hello again MR. Noice
    this Dagger is supposed to be a mid production period SS dagger but is made up of varied fittings from different production periods.
    The producer is Carl Eickhorn > RZM M7 Makers Code List - Plus SS Dienstdolch Contract Codes

This producer in the mid production period did not make junk or use varied fittings to complete production.
    The scabbard is early period which once was an anodized scabbard and not painted ...the anodizing is totally gone...on mid to late period dagger scabbards were painted black.

The condition of the blade is also lacking including the grip which was added post war to this dagger. Eickhorn did not use the short stubby lightning bolts seen in the runes button on the grip.

The guards appear to be Eickhorn...but it would be necessary to see better photos at a lesser angle.
    Overall ..this dagger also is not collectable due to 2 factors...the mixture of period material and lacking condition.

The serious SS dagger collector would not pay $1 US for this dagger as these daggers if in decent unmessed with condition could range around $4000 US ...Im not seeing that price tag on this example at all.

Is there a sellers price on this one as well ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Greetings Mr. Noice,

As other members have suggested, you may want to save your money with both daggers you presented for better examples that have not been treated so poorly, and were not assembled with various parts and pieces.

Best

Smitty

Good evening everyone and thank you for your answers!
    The price for this dagger is about 2000€ and the seller told me, that the dagger is 100% authentic - so thank you for your assessment!

BR Mr. Noice

There is no doubt that the fittings comprised together ...ARE...authentic...just not original to the dagger in any one production period.
    Invite the seller here and we can discuss further ......but glad you brought it here because other SS dagger and advanced collectors will elaborate the same about the details.

Parted SS daggers priced at near $2200 US is not a bargain and would be the last dagger seen on any show table.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill