Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS Officer's Degen - Authentic??

Article about: Greetings - I have an opportunity to purchase this SS Officer's degen. I have been researching ++ over the last month, trying to learn as much as possible about what it should look like. Eve

?

Default SS Officer's Degen - Authentic??

Greetings - I have an opportunity to purchase this SS Officer's degen. I have been researching ++ over the last month, trying to learn as much as possible about what it should look like. Everything looks good to me, but I am far from an expert and ask advice surrounding its authenticity from the members of this forum.
    Admittedly, condition is not 100%. It is a Pet Dan Krebs however, early mark. Portapee does have the RZM tag.

I have received some great advice over in the visor section - very helpful!!

Any comments / advice would be most welcomed.

Thanks in advance, James
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officer's Degen - Authentic??   SS Officer's Degen - Authentic??  

SS Officer's Degen - Authentic??   SS Officer's Degen - Authentic??  

SS Officer's Degen - Authentic??   SS Officer's Degen - Authentic??  

SS Officer's Degen - Authentic??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officer's Degen - Authentic??
    P
    Many

I would pass on this one.

The logo to the pommel nut should not be there.

The deformed grip wire around the SS runes makes me very wary.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

i concur with Ade, this one i would pass on.
    The grip screams "Go found another, please dont take me!"

Ger

HI BBQ Jim ..the great advice you received Im sure was to bring it here to this forum. The sword as said above from Ade has surely been messed with with a scabbard throat replacement. These Officer swords..start at 7K in price. Take note of the price being offered to you..which Im sure may be alot lower than I quoted. Also do a comparative study on the Grip ferrule..which is hidden by the sword knot.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

not for me too many red flags.

?

Thank you to everyone who helped out with advice on this piece. The search continues...