Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Ss Robert klass dagger

Article about: I was offered this in a trade. Handle is trashed. Wondering if good or is this just a beat up reproduction? Blade has some cross-grain, looks cleaned over.

Default Ss Robert klass dagger

I was offered this in a trade. Handle is trashed. Wondering if good or is this just a beat up reproduction? Blade has some cross-grain, looks cleaned over.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss Robert klass dagger   Ss Robert klass dagger  

Ss Robert klass dagger   Ss Robert klass dagger  

Ss Robert klass dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss Robert klass dagger
    P
    Many

?

Hello. The dagger appears to have the correct markings and logo on the blade. The eagle on the grip also looks good. The grip has probably been replaced, the SS button does not appear to be in the correct position, possibly replaced. The scabbard does not match the overall condition of the dagger, it appears to have been repainted. Looks like the photos were taken in some workshop???
    This is just my opinion. Wait for more opinions.

Georgi.

?

I am not found of this one. Lots of problems. Parts piece in poor shape at best.

1. Roundal looks fake. SS runes are too wide.
    2. Top tang nut clearly removed shows marks.
    3. Eagle has been smashed into grip with a hammer. Possibly even fake.
    4. Grip is cracked all the way through from eagle being smashed in.
    4. Blade has huge gap to lower crossguard. Trying to be a Robert Klaas Solingen however I believe possibly fake. Condition and gap clearly show not original. Photos aren't good enough to tell if reproduction or not.
    5. Scabbard may be an OK later nickle plated with dome screws.
    I would not recommending this one but that is me.

Tim.

Guys thanks for the replies. I was unsure if the makers mark was correct after researching others here. It is in such terrible shape I'm not sure what I would do with it. Photos are almost too bad to work with and discern one thing from the next. Feel bad for the old guy had hundreds of guns and collectables. Is very ill. Wish he could have someone take the photos for him and the rest of his stuff

?

I'm sure someone would take the photos but he would have to allow it and be comfortable with the person taking the photos. Hopefully someone can.

The maker's mark looks cleanly etched to me, doesn't look like the blade/guard fit is very good.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Agreed on the photos being pretty bad ...the blade stands a good chance for being authentic ...from some of the etch details Im seeing...the rest of the dagger mainly the grip is an atrocity

Poor fit and parts dagger

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

After looking I noticed seller tried to glue the grip. Looks different in the first photo. Compared to the others. The roundel also looks to have been swapped out or damaged. I can see the rings around the SS runes in first photo. Next ones it looks to be a different roundel. Or have had been damaged in the process of trying to glue the handle back together. I didn't even notice the blade gap between cross guard and shank of blade holy crap..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss Robert klass dagger   Ss Robert klass dagger  

?

Time to look elsewhere, I'd say.

Oh for sure. Guy already sold or traded it. Too many problems be be anything I'd be interested in