MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Tom Wittmann's SS Dagger prices

Article about: SS Ringman you hit nail on head. I too am an old collector back in 92/93 I sold everything in a fit of rage after my wife leave me. Why because I feel German militaria will not keep me in fo

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    07-10-2008
    Yeh, but still then it isn't correct...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tom Wittmann's  SS Dagger prices
    P
    Many

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Yeh, but still then it isn't correct...
    1$ was 0.63€ on July 7th, 2008 --- so he was actually perfectly correct

Quote by slados28 View Post
    1$ was 0.63€ on July 7th, 2008 --- so he was actually perfectly correct
    The dollar fell to an all time low to the euro in July 2008 in the wake of the U.S. sub-prime mortgage crisis that led to the collapse of Lehman Brothers in September of that year. The $-£ rate was also very healthy if you were a British collector being at $2 to the £ for a while that summer. And I remember I certainly made hay at the time!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Wow...This thread is more than 12 years old. The SS dagger price seems to be pretty much the same after all these years. Is it because the millennials have no interest in this, and the dagger keeps re- circulating between the few who oldies who are interested in this?

I'm a millennial and I have interest in this but the reason I haven't bought an SS dagger is that most millennials, and I am no exception, don't have an extra 5k burning a hole in their pockets.

Quote by solovei View Post
    I'm a millennial and I have interest in this but the reason I haven't bought an SS dagger is that most millennials, and I am no exception, don't have an extra 5k burning a hole in their pockets.
    Don't feel bad, I'm a baby boomer and I don't have an extra 5k burning a hole in my pocket either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

One Dagger is more then my whole collection... You can buy so much other nice stuff for that kinda money. I think the prices dont really rise anymore because there is a limited market for these, and a limited amount of people who would be willing to spend so much on a single dagger.

To each their own wallet and wisdom that allows the purchase of these high dollar items.
    Right now during these Covid times food and a roof overhead is priority.

That 5k can give a person a 6 month buffer. The daggers will always be there.
    Best collecting wishes to all in the 2021 year

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'm a millennial and an extra $5K lying around was out of the question for me for the longest time until recently, where I am being paid more for work and can afford an SS dagger now. Even so, $5K is still a ton of money that could go a long ways for other things, but recently I've been thinking about buying one. However, I need to learn a lot more about them first -- better safe than sorry.

Currently I own only one Third Reich dagger -- a 1st Model Luftwaffe dagger that I paid $200 for. I don't want to own many more, but an SS dagger is in my sights because even though they're super expensive, they're the cream of the crop and I want one... just one.

I absolutely HATE having cash sitting around that is guaranteed to depreciate, so I do a lot of investing in many forms. If it's money in the locked form of a genuine SS dagger that I can feel, unlike stock, but also prone to appreciating value that can't be seen in cash that would otherwise be saved, then I'm game!

If I have the cash and want to diversify my portfolio, why not trade the cash for something that will at least hold its value? It'd just be money in the bank, but better. Not to mention the cool factor of having an SS dagger in your hands. That would be very cool and worth it if you look at it this way.

?

My thought about the hobby: back in the day men would collect everything and anything. From stamps to watches to toy cars, tools and matchboxes. I feel there is a shift in the millenial generation towards minimalism. Put their shekels into experiences in comparison to collecting material wealth and "stuff". Even though I am a millenial myself (33 years old) I know nobody in my friend groups who collect anything - except experiences-, let alone 3rd Reich militaria. The poster who put the flame back into this old thread is right. Does this hobby have a future in say... 25 years? Wittmann said so in one of his videos, but he is a relic from a different time. - a great relic at that though.

I do not think prices will go up and up in the future. The glass ceiling has been reached. Dealers with online shops - like Daniel Fisher Regimentals have priced themselves out of the market for future collectors. It is my believe that the dealers will cause the decline in this hobby for the coming decades.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6