Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wittmann down in the cellar Video - Fake Eickhorn Himmler dagger

Article about: Hey guys! I'm sharing here video where is T. Wittmann comparing fake and real Himmler's dedication on SS daggers. I guess not everyone is following him on Youtube and also that many of you w

Exclamation Wittmann down in the cellar Video - Fake Eickhorn Himmler dagger

Hey guys!

I'm sharing here video where is T. Wittmann comparing fake and real Himmler's dedication on SS daggers.
    I guess not everyone is following him on Youtube and also that many of you will spot the fake right away but I believe this kind of knowledge belongs here

Down the Cellar 29.5 - Upon Closer Inspection - YouTube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wittmann down in the cellar Video - Fake Eickhorn  Himmler dagger
    P
    Many

?

Good video. I feel bad for the guy owning the piece.

Default Uh O...hope this is not a forum member!

?

Lets say it a bit different.....
    lets hope its not a collector who has put his savings into it

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Lets say it a bit different.....
    lets hope its not a collector who has put his savings into it

Ger
    That's much better Ger. When I saw the video some of my previous bad buys flashed in my memory banks.

Doggone shame how bad it's gotten to be.

?

The previous video showed the guy had some great SS and SA daggers. You could tell Whittman didn’t like the Himmler and he pointed out the guy liked to clean and polish his daggers. I was glad to see that second video.

I learned a bit more watching the video when it came out. I hope people do thorough research before laying out a pile of money on an item. Amount of money is not relevant to some; just not in my case.
    John

Hello Gents ...there was already a pre existing thread that Drambejz Mike had started and I had merged the Thread Rich started to this one. I renamed the title ....But my apologies that I forget to leave an expiring redirect to this thread letting people know that it had been moved. Sorry for any confusion.

The dagger is an obvious fake with a fat laser etch all glued in grip eagle ,.. Upper guard belongs to an SA dagger being marked St ..the lower guard I had never seen a marking like that being TS.
    The accent grooving on the fake dagger is a dead give away as well without opening the dagger.

IMO I feel the original own must of found out later in time that the Himmler dagger was junk and just added it to the box being shipped to Wittmann. Im Glad Tom pointed this out in a video.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,

I believe the crossguard inner marking was St which would be correct for a Klaas SS dagger.

The Himmler video was an excellent attempt at both showing collectors that they need to know exactly what they’re buying (by doing some self research) as well as specifically dissecting that bad dagger part by part.

Hi Billy ..yes that has been recorded that it was belonging to Klaas and also Gottlieb Hammesfahr ...but doesnt belong to an Eickhorn Himmler dagger.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill