Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!

Article about: Hi All, Does this M 35 Waffen SS Helmet look authentic and not a reproduction? Seller claims it's original made by Sachsische Emaillier and stanzwerke of Lauter with "SE 66" stampe

Default 1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!

Hi All,

Does this M 35 Waffen SS Helmet look authentic and not a reproduction? Seller claims it's original made by Sachsische Emaillier and stanzwerke of Lauter with "SE 66" stamped on the inside and pocher party shield. Everything looks good and there's a letter in the background showing it was authenticated by Bill Shea from Ruptured Duck, a known dealer and collector. I just want to be sure before I receive a fake...any feedback is appreciated! I've learned alot from other members and thanks in advance!! Here's a link to the auction with more pics: Attention Required! | Cloudflare

1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1935 WAFFEN SS "DOUBLE DECAL" M 35 Helmet!
    P
    Many

I have taken the liberty of moving your thread from the Western Allies Helmet Section to the appropriate SS helmet section.

Please take some time to look for the proper topic areas before posting in just a random section of Helmets

Smitty

My bad...excuse my ignorance. I was in a hurry to post before headed to work. Thanks Smitty!

MAP
    ?

SE did not make SS helmets. That is the first red flag. Some (rare) examples can be found with non factory applied Pocher decals.

We would need to see clear up close photos of both decals. Also can't tell if it is overpainted or that is the original paint. I would like to know the lot number but it is not given. The liner is a very early example with the embossed size stamp. The inside however looks to have a rough coat of paint (as seen in the photo with the SE66 stamp). Not something I would expect if it is a very early shell.

The "Letter" by Bill is for an SS chained dagger. Not for the helmet. Hmmmm. What are they trying to pull

Sale price was also very low if it is legit.

Looking at this from a cell phone so please take my observations with a grain of salt until I can see on a PC.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Someone just parted with a whole lot of money...

Smitty

Hey Map,

The correct letter is partially legible in the background of some photos (pic 4 and 5 in listing) and I believe states it's a reissued helmet. The zoomed in photos show a different letter for another listing-ss dagger I believe by mistake. Hope that helps. Thanks for your help!
    Ben

?

This link regarding the dealer in question might be of some interest:

I have posted this to warn others about this fraudulent seller on Gun Broker - 24hourcampfire

regards
    Brett

Hey Brett,

Thanks for sending. ..I did see his multiple neg reviews including this one which really is a reason to avoid. That really ***** for the couple but at least they will get money back with credit card protection.
    I bought an SS chained dagger from him the night before this helmet also although I was in contact with several others including Bill Shea who said the dagger looks legit. Bill is also going to check his records to validate the letter for the dagger and I will try for the helmet too. The helmet is a little more stressful purchase because the pics are of the wrong Bill Shea letter of authenticity however I could zoom in on pics 4 and 5 and see it is for the helmet I could make out a decent amount of it including the appraised vaule of $8500 back in 2020 I believe but can't say foresure on the date. I paid both via credit card and will dispute if I get any reason to. I also noticed alot of the neg feedback is for gun issues without any letters of authenticity unlike the helmet and dagger.

I'm hoping to get some more info on the helmet from other on here... I'll follow up once I get more info or items in hand. Thanks for the reply and link to awful story!
    Ben

Smitty, don't be too sure yet. I certainly hope not and will dispute if it's bs. I paid via credit card so I will get it back if needed!

And the moral of the story is.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast