Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Authentication of a DD SS Helmet

Article about: Hello everyone! I was planning on purchasing this DD SS helmet but as you know these are uber rare to find and highly faked. Aparently this was the helmet used in Alan Beadles collection and

?

Default Authentication of a DD SS Helmet

Hello everyone! I was planning on purchasing this DD SS helmet but as you know these are uber rare to find and highly faked. Aparently this was the helmet used in Alan Beadles collection and featured in a German Camo Helmet book. I have been looking for Alan Beadle to talk about this helmet but havnt been able to contact him. In anyone can give their professional opinoin on the piece, it would be much appreciated. Please if you are not an expert in the field I ask that you kindly refine from making acusations without sufficent proof or reasoning to authenticate this helmet.

Thanks everyne for looking!

Authentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS HelmetAuthentication of a DD SS Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authentication of a DD SS Helmet
    P
    Many

In the past, I had nothing but problems dealing with him. I ordered one item and received a different item that was fake. Had to bear the cost of shipping it back. He then sent me the item I ordered and it was also a fake. More money wasted on shipping. At least I got a refund after a little wrangling. Lasat time I looked at his site years ago it was full of 4th Reich items.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Double decal M40's are almost nonexistent.
    The chinstrap is a pigskin one that is very late war.
    The liner wear is not consistant with the helmet and i have never seen so many markings scratched out !!
    .... but as i am no "expert" i will refrain from any more accusations.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Default Dd ss

Would you not expect to see the camo painted over or around the decal and not the decal placed over the camo?.

Quote by reichss View Post
    Would you not expect to see the camo painted over or around the decal and not the decal placed over the camo?.
    I'm no expert having only held in hand two ss helmets but there is paint over the runes

Been searching for an expert but I will have to do! Here is a list of my concerns:
    1: A Quist helmet, yet not a Quist decal? (a Pocher type)
    2: A Pocher decal on an M40 is exceptionally rare but not impossible.
    3: The "cammo" appears to continue UNDER the liner pins (the liner was out when the cammo was applied)
    4: The liners condition seems to be a mis-match.
    5: Never accept anything is genuine just because it is in a book! (especially when the author has sold the item)!!

I'm no expert, but I would not be happy with this ultra rare combination being genuine. Leon.
    (PS, you may find experts in the field if you actually took the trouble to post the helmet in the SS HELMET sub-section!!)

I am struggling to find anything right with this helmet! but I'm no expert...........

I don't own the camo book but as I understand it there are a number of helmets in the book that are of questionable authenticity. Regarding the helmet itself, I am in agreement with what these self proclaimed NON experts have said. (Just kidding, those who commented are experienced collectors whose opinions I respect and embrace.) Jim G.

?

Thanks everyone for the help! For some reason I wasnt notified when you guys replied so sorry for the late responce. I didnt mean to be harsh or come across as rude by asking for experts in the feild to comment. Acatully all of you have really helped me and pointed out some details I did not think of. I appreciate all the help!!

As for the helmet I think I am going to hold off on it for now as there are too many concerns with the not so cheap helmet! Thanks again everyone!!!

The numbers on the liner look like ballpoint ink...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast