Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Black paint iside a ss helmet

Article about: good morning some help please just bought a Q64 lot 4691 black m35 ss with double decal party shield and a poacher white from a dealer in Normandy but the inside is painted black i am shore

Default Black paint iside a ss helmet

good morning some help please just bought a Q64 lot 4691 black m35 ss with double decal party shield and a poacher white from a dealer in Normandy but the inside is painted black i am shore i have read on the site that black helmets are never black inside ,just looking at this one there is no other colour below the black and the liner is a leather liner with four leaves with pouches in the back for small cushions of straw and no metal just leather looks like a m16 but has 4 leaves please look at photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black paint iside a ss helmet   Black paint iside a ss helmet  

Black paint iside a ss helmet   Black paint iside a ss helmet  

Black paint iside a ss helmet   Black paint iside a ss helmet  

Black paint iside a ss helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black paint iside a ss helmet
    P
    Many

Can you get a refund? The only thing that is real is the shell. Jim
    Last edited by helmet2id; 10-17-2022 at 10:54 PM.

MAP
    ?

I agree with Jim.

Nothing good here
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Oh dear, Did the dealer guarantee this as original? Hope you get your money back. Regards Paul

Can you tell me why thats why we ask the experts to explain why,the decals have been looked at through a microscope and they are not printed and if you look at a decal thats printed you can see the dots from the printing these decals dont have dots so why are these fake please explain i will know what to look for in the future.

Whats the o dear for explain thats why people join these forums to be helped not just oh dear

Nothing good hear thats you favorite word same on a number of posts ,please explain why nothing good here ,no one expalins why we join to be helped not be patronised

Jim even Doug Buhler says that by looking at a picture you cant tell,but we join the forum to be helped not patronised i am 68 years old not 12 so explain why i cant understand the people who run this forum allows these comments and just dismiss things and dont help people with there expertise

Robby do not take it personal ..and you are not the target ...the helmet is the topic and what has been said in description you are taking out of context. Relax a little...there will be more comments to come in regards to the decals.

The helmet Gents here do realize your question was about the paint inside ...but with anything that is posted here..the whole artifact has to be examined and not just one area...because other areas do make a difference in authentication which all adds up.

Doug Buhler was a memeber here many years ago and is no longer here which there are some remnants of his threads somewhere ,,,now the Helmet Gents here will help make a determination on the decals as well.

For myself ..I would want the whole truth even if its something that I was not asking about but for those who have a keener insight into those details...because these helmets can make or break a collector.

Wait for for further replies.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

β€œThe farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

While we an only derive so much from photos, I still do not like the "Q" Style decal.

Primarily I can see no pulver nor can I see what should be a darker black boarder around the edges of the runes.

Here are some for reference

SS - Quist
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast