Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

CKL Early green gray M42 SS DD helmet?

Article about: Gents, I'm no expert and did some research on this, but before I let it go to the reenactor circuit figured I'd post it here. CKL 66 Lot 55 followed by a small 0. It has the early 1943 run o

Default CKL Early green gray M42 SS DD helmet?

Gents,
    I'm no expert and did some research on this, but before I let it go to the reenactor circuit figured I'd post it here. CKL 66 Lot 55 followed by a small 0. It has the early 1943 run of lighter paint, It has a odd liner, and off course the decals. SS decal shows some bronzing that I read that CKL's are know for. What do you pro's think?

Best Regards,
    Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CKL Early green gray M42 SS DD helmet?   CKL Early green gray M42 SS DD helmet?  

CKL Early green gray M42 SS DD helmet?   CKL Early green gray M42 SS DD helmet?  

CKL Early green gray M42 SS DD helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CKL Early green gray M42 SS DD helmet?
    P
    Many

Post War Czech liner, and repro decals I am afraid. The paint is off all well. Safe to let it go to the re enactor circuit. Sorry, Jim G.

Not a chance my friend, there is no resemblance to an original CKL/ET helmet or decal. M42 SS helmets would not have been double decal types either. Leon.

Although I'm no SS Stahlhelm Collector, Original decals generally don't peel/chip off like that...Liner is definitely a postwar non-German replacement...I look forward to more of our friends' opinions on this one...
    cheers, Glenn

On the plus side, it looks a good car mascot on the bonnet.

Thanks fellas for your expertise, I didn't want to make a mistake either way when I let this go to a new home.

Late to the party but agree with sll the above comments.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The SS decal looks horrible.. Peeling off like old lead paint off a bannister...

As above. Postwar paint, fake decals, postwar czech liner and strap.

?

I agree. Whole helmet is shot.

Samir