Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?

Article about: Hi everyone. Recently I've gotten the chance to accuire one of these double runic shield helmets, though I'm not sure about it's authenticity and would very much appreciate a second opinion.

Default Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?

Hi everyone.

Recently I've gotten the chance to accuire one of these double runic shield helmets, though I'm not sure about it's authenticity and would very much appreciate a second opinion. I've wanted one of these helmets for quite some time as I've been told they were typically used by Russian SS volunteers. However, I'm not quite sure about it.

Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?

I personally doubt the legitimacy of it, but would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?
    P
    Many

Would be a very expensive helmet to buy.
    2 things are important for a review , decal close ups and maker and lot number of the helmet.

I am sure both will prove this helmet is fake , the paint looks the wrong color to start with.

Thanks for your reply.
    I've asked the seller for some pics of the numbers and the decals just to be thorough, but I agree with you that the colour looks wrong and that this is most probably a fake.

Thanks again, if the seller comes through with the pictures I'll be sure to post them here.

Default Update

So, the seller sent me these pictures of markings on the helmet and dosen't seem to want to send me close ups of the decal's.
    Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?

I'm not sure how helpful these are but I take it since the seller can't find the actual makers code or batch number that this is probably some sort of fake or restoration.

Forget about this helmet. Paint is bad anyway so the decals are too.

The Pocher (wannabe) on the right would be a red flag even if it was only a single decal, and you would not see an ET type decal on the left on a double runic. Almost every DD DR SS helmet I've seen has a Pocher on the left. Actually, I can't think of a single example with anything other a Pocher on the left. As Frank said, leave this one alone. Jim G.

Here are 2 real ones, an M42 EF68 and an M40 ET68, both with the factory applied factory specific runic shields on the right and the expected field applied Pocher runic shields on the left.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?   Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?  

Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?   Double Runic Shield Helmet. Opinions?  

Thank you so much for the information, I really appreciate the detail in your response aswell the pictures you posted.