Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Early model SS helmet ???

Article about: Has anyone ever seen a helmet that looks like this? Of course the possibility of it being a total fake are extremely high. My father acquired it about 15 years ago at an estate auction in Il

Default Early model SS helmet ???

Has anyone ever seen a helmet that looks like this? Of course the possibility of it being a total fake are extremely high. My father acquired it about 15 years ago at an estate auction in Illinois. No stamps or markings on the inside, looks to me to have been repainted and the decals seem off.

Casey ~Early model SS helmet ???Early model SS helmet ???Early model SS helmet ???Early model SS helmet ???Early model SS helmet ???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early model SS helmet ???
    P
    Many

?

It's a butchered Czech Vz30....
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Vz 30 :.

p
    Last edited by justino2263; 03-03-2016 at 12:17 AM.

As said, it's a Czech Vz30 that's been cut down and toyed with. It's certainly not an SS used helmet.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

CBH
    ?

I think the term is "Junk"

I spoke to my father about the time he picked it up. What is strange is that the estate sale was from a WWII vet who passed away with no family remaining. I wonder how it came into his possession. I can only assume that he, like many others, was duped into thinking it was real at some point. Though, I find this odd as one would think that a WWII vet should be familiar with such an item.

Casey ~

MAP
    ?

Quote by cjmpaintings View Post
    I spoke to my father about the time he picked it up. What is strange is that the estate sale was from a WWII vet who passed away with no family remaining. I wonder how it came into his possession. I can only assume that he, like many others, was duped into thinking it was real at some point. Though, I find this odd as one would think that a WWII vet should be familiar with such an item.

Casey ~
    Well he could have been posted in the PTO, or States side....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)