Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?

Article about: From my modeling interests, Ive always been aware of the deaths head Lef Side helmet decal for Totenkopfverbande. I have never seen a photo showing this decal nor any discussion of it. Dr Ch

?

Default Re: The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Yes it was a ground dug helmet, the helmet was sent to me for assisting in authenticating as period and I have ADM pics of the TK decal. It is a phenomenal piece.
    That's pretty kool to have such a rare item in hand. Would love to see the ADM results. Thanks!

regards
    Samir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: The elusive totenkopf helmet decal...any photos or surviving helmet?

Wow, I have never seen or heard of one of these before. Only one is known to exist?

Corey

?

[QUOTE=SSamir;686621]Doug, who owns this particular example, and how many are you aware of?

Wilson Historical Center and this is the only one.

- - Updated - -

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Excellent never knew that the Totenkopf were given their own decal.
    Morris
    They weren't, it's a fantasy piece.

Thanks to all for your contributions and comments. Very much appreciated.
    Paul

wow!!first time i hear it

?

Alot to read about the helmet here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...g-helmet-9419/

Early units of the SS did in fact wear a large white skull insignia on the side of their helmets, although it bears no resemblance to the reproduction decal posted above. There are photographs of it being worn by members of Allgemine-SS foot regiment 68 on this very site at (SS helmet photo). It was also worn by members of SS-Sondersturm Renthof who became III. SS TotenkopfverbÀnde Sachsen and it could be this connection that accounts for the association of this badge with the SS-TV.

?

I'm glad u posted that. I was looking for that photo n couldn't find it in my computer, thanks!

Samir

?

I remember your posting this one up, too bad the image is so far away. I wonder if it is the same decal d'alquen, it is similar in size and shape.

BTW the Danzig helmet is coming to Canada soon. ;-)

?

Doug, let me know if you ever post it.

Would make a very interesting topic.

Samir

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast