Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

First bought helmet - told it was SS French division... Need help

Article about: All the photos that I have ever seen relating to the Charlemagne Division have only ever shown a tri-colour shield on the ARM and either NO decals on the helmet or, at most an SS and swastik

?

Default Re: First bought helmet - told it was SS French division... Need help

All the photos that I have ever seen relating to the Charlemagne Division have only ever shown a tri-colour shield on the ARM and either NO decals on the helmet or, at most an SS and swastika shield. But, if someone can produce a genuine period photo showing otherwise, I will gladly concede a point!

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Last edited by jimpy; 02-14-2011 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Spelling

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First bought helmet - told it was SS French division...  Need help
    P
    Many

I spent sometime today looking at pictures and films about this division and most of the helmets did not have any decals but a very few did mostly SS or some type of shield but could not really see any good details.

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I spent sometime today looking at pictures and films about this division and most of the helmets did not have any decals but a very few did mostly SS or some type of shield but could not really see any good details.
    Chris.

I did a quick google search by just putting Charlemagne Division and came up with loads of hits. I did find one site that had loads of photos, copies of posters etc relating to the division and, on checking very carefully, NOT one showed a tri-colour helmet shield on the right side.
    The only helmet markings, if any were the normal SS runes shield and/or the black on red swastika shield. This also tallies in with all the other pic's that I have seen and the fact that the only place that a tri-colour shield APPEARS to have been worn was on the arm.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

I just found one on Youtube under (the last fighters)
    They are talking about the division and they have 2 vets from that division ,I met one of them years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2