Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Hand painted SS decals m42 is this possible

Article about: Hi I have had this helmet for over 30 years now, and have never really known if it is genuine , it was purchased for me by my father as a birthday present as I have always collected militari

Default Hand painted SS decals m42 is this possible

Hi

I have had this helmet for over 30 years now, and have never really known if it is genuine , it was purchased for me by my father as a birthday present as I have always collected militaria German and British , anyway back to the helmet , I have done some research and can only find hand painted decals on early type helmets.
    Does anyone have any suggestions .
    Thanks in advance
    Nick

Not having much luck today with other post so thought I would try one of my best bits

Hand painted SS decals m42 is this possibleHand painted SS decals m42 is this possibleHand painted SS decals m42 is this possibleHand painted SS decals m42 is this possibleHand painted SS decals m42 is this possible i
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hand painted SS decals m42 is this possible  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hand painted SS decals m42 is this possible
    P
    Many

?

Hand rendered insignia and painted helmets always require careful study. Hand rendered SS helmets were prevalent prior to 1935 on black transitionals. Anything after that I take with reservations, the later in the war the larger the reservations. This is a late 43 if not 44 dated helmet, and when issued to SS or the soldier was transferred into the SS, Pocher SS decals were applied, and no party decals. For all these reasons, I have very low confidence that this is a wartime painted SS helmet.

Hi Doug

Thanks for your reply , it would be nice for them to of been original decals , but as usual to good to be true

Nick

?

If you strip the painted decals off you still have a very nice no decal M42!

Quote by DougB View Post
    If you strip the painted decals off you still have a very nice no decal M42!
    Hi Nick, as Doug says, the helmet itself is a nice no decal M42 ,so I would carefully remove the painted on decals from this one if it were mine, as in my opinion the decals stand 0% chance of having been period applied. Leon.

Hi Leon / Doug

Thanks for the advice I will get them off and send in some new pics ASAP

Nick