MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hartmann SS Helmet on Lux Militaria

Article about: Just would like to inform the forum about the Lux Miliataria offered helmet: Early named Waffen-SS helmet and cover set, lateral plane tree, << Wiking division >> The Waffen-SS h

Default Hartmann SS Helmet on Lux Militaria

Just would like to inform the forum about the Lux Miliataria offered helmet:

Early named Waffen-SS helmet and cover set, lateral plane tree, << Wiking division >>

The Waffen-SS helmet and cover set belonging to « SS-Hauptsturmführer Hans-Joerg Hartmann » a commander with the 12th company « NORDLAND » panzergrenadier regiment of the 5th SS « WIKING » division. The set was acquired originally by a colleague of ours in the early 2000's direct from the family member. The M40 double runic Waffen-SS foreign volunteers helmet is an « ET64 » with a lot number of « 5044 ». The helmet retains both Waffen-SS decals on each side. The decals rate in at approximately 90% and 50% respectively. The helmet shows combat use with typical to moderate wear including scuffs, scraps and oxidation evenly throughout the exterior. The factory paints rates in at around 80%. A noticeable white-wash finish remains nicely throughout the helmets exterior from being white-washed during the early winter campings of the East, this can still be seen around the rivet area and interior rim. The interior of the helmet remains untouched and undisturbed. The leather liner is in very good condition and still supple. Retains its period drawstring and leather chinstrap. The helmet is named in white paint along the back skirt to « JOERG ». The helmet comes complete with an exceptional early and highly desirable Waffen-SS helmet cover proceeded in « LATERAL PLANE TREE » material. The cover is in very nice untouched condition. It shows actual combat wear from being attached to the helmet over the course of its life. The type of cover is an early manufactured example circa 1940/1941. Strong and vibrant colors are still present. The cover shows some oxidation from being on the helmet and normal exposure to the elements. The cover retains all its springs and rocker hooks in place. All are factory applied, tight and show wear. Springs are complete and still secure to the cover. The cover is matching in size to the helmet. The interior shows an ink stamped lot number in the interior as well. The front of the cover retains its early cheese cloth brown reinforcement material securing the lower lid in place. Although slightly torn it remains complete and untouched. A choice and extremely desirable example on its own rite but with the added provenance of being named to an important unit that saw action on the Eastern Front makes this a historic group.

As I know the whole Hartmann group I send following Email to Lux:
    Hello Lux Militaria,

just would like to Inform you that the story of the Jörg Hartmann Helmet is made up and is not true.
    I am the past owner of the whole Hartmann group and know exactly what the family has given out and to who.
    That was his Degen, group of photo albums, documents and a wedding statue. Nothing else has survived
    from him. He died far east and his war tunic and equipment was left with him in Russia.

Further I would like to mention here for his rank and honor he got its quite unusal to put only his first name into the helmet.
    Further KIA send a front helmet from Russia back to Germany is quite very unusual.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hartmann SS Helmet on Lux Militaria
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Nice move to send an email to the dealer, thanks to let us know his answer....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

So did they respond to your email

Lux militaria , never held them in high regard. Over priced and many questionable camo helmets.

?

Interesting thread, I see this item is already 'reserved' on the Lux website. Generally speaking, these guys have a very good reputation, I doubt they would have made such claims for the provenance of a helmet without some solid facts and evidence. That being said, like anyone else, apart from the OP who claims specific knowledge on this, I doubt anyone can make an informed judgement on the rights and wrongs of this.

Quote by MG42UK View Post
    Interesting thread, I see this item is already 'reserved' on the Lux website. Generally speaking, these guys have a very good reputation, I doubt they would have made such claims for the provenance of a helmet without some solid facts and evidence. That being said, like anyone else, apart from the OP who claims specific knowledge on this, I doubt anyone can make an informed judgement on the rights and wrongs of this.
    They do not have such a good a reputation :-) I would not pay one euro to buy on that website.
    The helmet is a good helmet , the cover never belonged to that helmet for starters and the whole story well...

?

<They do not have such a good a reputation :-) I would not pay one euro to buy on that website.
    The helmet is a good helmet , the cover never belonged to that helmet for starters and the whole story well...>

Hi Schwerpunkt - I know you are in the 'deep end of the swimming pool' when it comes to knowledge and expertise of WW2 German helmets, whilst I still have armbands and am in the shallow end, so no domain-knowledge questioning here, but I know other collectors on here who rate Lux highly, and I have bought several items off them and have been very comfortable with the originality and that they are genuine items (albeit pricey).

Other people, of course, may have had a different experience. Knowing some of the more dishonest dealers like Battleflag etc. I have had the misfortune to deal with (usually only once!), I find myself wanting to defend dealers like Lux that I generally trust and have a good regard for.

But, like I said, your experience with them (and others on here) may have been different - there is always a 'first time' as they say...

Robert H is one of the members who's opinions, or comments, I would listen to.
    If he says he is the past owner, and knows what was released by the family, I would believe him.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's said on here time an time again... buy the item and not the story. No story should be believed without documented (or other) evidence to back it up. Anyone can say anything about an item to make it more desirable.

Quote by MG42UK View Post
    <They do not have such a good a reputation :-) I would not pay one euro to buy on that website.
    The helmet is a good helmet , the cover never belonged to that helmet for starters and the whole story well...>

Hi Schwerpunkt - I know you are in the 'deep end of the swimming pool' when it comes to knowledge and expertise of WW2 German helmets, whilst I still have armbands and am in the shallow end, so no domain-knowledge questioning here, but I know other collectors on here who rate Lux highly, and I have bought several items off them and have been very comfortable with the originality and that they are genuine items (albeit pricey).

Other people, of course, may have had a different experience. Knowing some of the more dishonest dealers like Battleflag etc. I have had the misfortune to deal with (usually only once!), I find myself wanting to defend dealers like Lux that I generally trust and have a good regard for.

But, like I said, your experience with them (and others on here) may have been different - there is always a 'first time' as they say...
    I understand , the problem is that some collectors tend to glue themselves to dealers so in order to gain the good stuff first so that can throw a different light on any assessment. Also collectors tend to be very individualistic in their assessment, how often I have read good reviews of dealers that continuously have bad inventory just because the one collector never had an issue.
    It's a problem of our hobby as are the high end fakes , another problem is dealers that want to put themselves in the market as having only top quality (like Lux) while their inventory is run of mill standard stuff with some supposedly higher end looking camo's mixed in.The camo's … well good and bad there. Some are on that site for over a year.
    For me their business model is a problem and I do not need Lux to find good helmets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast