Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet cover

Article about: Hey there, I have had this M42 for a while. It has a good camo cover that I wanted to post on here for people's thoughts. It was a gift from my parents... as you can imagine I was worried, b

Default Helmet cover

Hey there, I have had this M42 for a while. It has a good camo cover that I wanted to post on here for people's thoughts. It was a gift from my parents... as you can imagine I was worried, but they said they had it looked at and authenticated as well.

What I know is that it has the correct clips and springs within. Material and patterns match as well. Also, looks to be a removed HEER decal on the helmet.

Here are some pictures. I would love the community's thoughts please and thank you for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet cover   Helmet cover  

Helmet cover   Helmet cover  

Helmet cover  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Helmet cover
    P
    Many

I don't see any problem with the helmet itself but these covers are still produced today with the same clips. For me the cover doesn't show the signs of being any great age but others will help you out.

MAP
    ?

I find these very hard to authenticate so lets wait for others. Close up of the stitching is typically needed

Looks like a mix of Oak A & B patterns but i'm not fully up to speed on the patterns. Are the clips steel or aluminum. Is there a size stamping on the cloth? Often on the Autumn side on the back of the cover.

The helmet has been tampered with as the Lot Number falls within the no decal range. So someone put a decal on and then scratched it off (my guess is a fake SS decal was put on and then removed on purpose to make it appear to have been an SS helmet)

Did the helmet and cover "come as a set"? And if so, was it mentioned that they were always together?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Really need some close up photos of fabric and stitching, some inside shots, see below. I'm not really liking it.

Helmet coverHelmet cover

Yes, the pair came as a set together. Here are some closer up pictures of the stitching and buckle. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet cover  

Yes they came as a set together
    Last edited by Grantssmilitaria; 07-08-2022 at 12:09 AM. Reason: duplicate, delete

Best I can contribute are these guaranteed original relic clips.
    I don't know how many makers of these there were but these ones are all aluminium construction except for the rivet which is steel....

Photos with & without flash.

Helmet cover Helmet cover
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Grantssmilitaria View Post
    Yes, the pair came as a set together. Here are some closer up pictures of the stitching and buckle. Thank you
    Was the helmet itself billed as an SS helmet?

Thanks for the close up stitching. I'm pretty unsure on this. I'm not well versed in these but I do own an original.

Until someone with experience comes around I'm still looking at some of my reference sources as I know I've seen details on the type of stitching characteristics (i.e. stitches per inch, etc) but I'm having a hard time locating it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

no, it was not billed as an SS helmet. However, I have done some more research and found a few examples of originals with stitching patterns very similar to the one in the pictures along with the clips. I havent located a size stamp on ocver, but from the other originals ive seen, those don't have them either; guess it depended on wear and manufacturer type. Thank you for your time and input.

?

The rocker clips and the fabric don't look like it's been 80 years old.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast