Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?

Article about: Hello, I am hoping someone could give me a quick feeling on this M35. I wasn't looking for a helmet but a dealer sent this to me so it wont stick about if legit. Sorry that I am unable to sp

Default HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?

Hello,

I am hoping someone could give me a quick feeling on this M35.

I wasn't looking for a helmet but a dealer sent this to me so it wont stick about if legit.

Sorry that I am unable to spend the time researching helmets as have been concentrating on daggers and if this is a raging fake I apologise in advance. It is described as 'not repaired or restored, liner and chinstrap never disassembled'

I found a site German Helmet Vault – Collecting German WW2 helmets but his spreadsheet does not seem to hold the stamped lot number on this helmet or cover SE64 branch.

Really appreciate any advice. Thanks, dave.

HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELMET M35 DD SS raging fake?
    P
    Many

If you go to the SS decals page you will see an easy cross reference list that tells you SE and NS did not produce helmets for the SS. Only exception possible is if the helmets were repainted later in a depot and receive a Pocher shield. These are a fake decals.

SS Decals – German Helmet Vault

Thanks for your reply. Seems yet another fake being pushed by somebody I thought was an legitimate dealer.

I had been noticing the table does not mention SS for SE64 nor is the lot number listed in his spreadsheet apart for a 3353 DD Heer army helmet.

Yet again a good hobby ruined by all the fakes. I'll go back to researching daggers and ignore the rest for now.

Cheers, Dave.

'Schwerpunkt', thanks to people like you, even I could already say that the manufacturer did not go with SS-decals
    And correct me if I am wrong :
    Looking at the runic decall : wouldn't you see white pits in the black (as under the black there is first a white layer ?)
    And where is the black border at the top ?
    Erwin

The liner has certainly been replaced.

MAP
    ?

Quote by NZ Allblacks View Post

I found a site German Helmet Vault – Collecting German WW2 helmets but his spreadsheet does not seem to hold the stamped lot number on this helmet or cover SE64 branch.

Really appreciate any advice. Thanks, dave.
    Just as an fyi.....that website is run by Frank (Schwerpunkt)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the updates and I’ll certainly be using that website when get round to helmets. Cheers, Dave.

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    'Schwerpunkt', thanks to people like you, even I could already say that the manufacturer did not go with SS-decals
    And correct me if I am wrong :
    Looking at the runic decall : wouldn't you see white pits in the black (as under the black there is first a white layer ?)
    And where is the black border at the top ?
    Erwin
    Hello Erwin , it was nice to meet in person sunday ;-)
    It is hard to say a lot with such a small photo but the shape (outline) of this decal is wrong to start with so there is no need to go further into details.

Yes Frank, I enjoyed our meeting. And good to see that you are a 'cat person' too But I forgat to say that she or he has to lose weight

Quote by Helmcollector View Post
    Yes Frank, I enjoyed our meeting. And good to see that you are a 'cat person' too But I forgat to say that she or he has to lose weight
    Any tips on that, he notifies us loudly when he wants food and he is outdoor , we also have another cat but he is slim. Ginger cats seem to gain weight more easily.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast