Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet

Article about: by dis360 Are you guys pulling my leg right now? I rulled this out before this post made it through last night because the emblem was reversed. If you are serious and sure I need to secure t

?

Quote by dis360 View Post
    Are you guys pulling my leg right now? I rulled this out before this post made it through last night because the emblem was reversed. If you are serious and sure I need to secure this now. Is it that rare?
    Yesterday I was joking around with Nigel about quitting a job to have the time to buy a helmet. Nigel said no helmet was worth quitting work over. This my friend, appears is a helmet worth quitting work over.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in identification and authenticity. SS and swastika green helmet
    P
    Many

?

Is it rare? Please read my posts. (And my PM). I said 3 known. This is one of them or a 4th. They made roughly 30,000,000 helmets in the period. Plus the hundreds of thousands of transitional helmets left over from WW1 and then the helmets produced in the interwar period. So let's say for rough numbers 32,000,000 helmets. Divide that by 4. (Or 3!)

You have a 0.000000125% chance of finding another one (unless you buy mine).

Collectors who've read this thread are enroute to their local antique / militaria / and pawn shops.

Leave the house now. Just go. Buy this helmet (get a 7 day refund policy just in case). Post top quality photos. And turn down all offers till I tell you what these are potentially worth.

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Could this be the find of the year ? !!

Nick
    Not a chance.

Find of the decade.

?

I just bought it. What now? This is awesome.

Post the best photographs you can possibly get.

Good for you mate! A feelgood tale in time for Christmas!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

What now? What now???? Do a high five man, I think you bagged a lifetime helmet!

Post photos the same angles, lighting and quality as mine.

I will give you more thoughts. Take close ups of all markings. Are there any names, stencilling, sewn in tags, writing of any kind? If so take pics and describe it.

?

Do not try to clean it.

As it is not april 1st I assume this is all for real. Well unless you paid many $$$$ for it you probably got one hell of a deal.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Holy shit Well done my friend, you have just won the lottery.

Best thread by a new member ever? Easy win I think.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast