Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Help needed. ET66 SS semi relic helmet.

Article about: Hello everyone. I'm interested in this helmet and looking for guidance on the decal. Helmet is a M35 with an overpaint. ET66, LOT 4337 or 4387 not sure. Appears to have been a double decal a

Default Help needed. ET66 SS semi relic helmet.

Hello everyone.
    I'm interested in this helmet and looking for guidance on the decal.
    Helmet is a M35 with an overpaint. ET66, LOT 4337 or 4387 not sure. Appears to have been a double decal at some point. The exterior overpaint looks like a shade of faded grey over the orginal smooth green. Two questions: does the SS decal look correct and wouldn't the nazi decal normally be under the second paint layer not on top as it appears in the pictures?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed. ET66 SS semi relic helmet.   Help needed. ET66 SS semi relic helmet.  

Help needed. ET66 SS semi relic helmet.   Help needed. ET66 SS semi relic helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed. ET66 SS semi relic helmet.
    P
    Many

I'm not an helmet guy, the SS decal looks good, it was indeed a double decal helmet before re-painting.

I fear it was a regular Whermacht double decal helmet recovered and somoeone re-painted it, put a genuine or good fake decal on it just to sell it for more.

I've seen that soo many times.

Let's wait for some experts.

More pictures of the helmet before being cleaned, very interesting and IMHO original helmet. Decided to pick it up, will post more pictures when it arrives.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed. ET66 SS semi relic helmet.   Help needed. ET66 SS semi relic helmet.  

For anyone interested, I will be moving this discussion to the German Helmet Vault forum. M35 SS semi relic. – – German Helmet Vault

MAP
    ?

I saw this yesterday and didn't have time to comment.

I agree with what Frank said at GHV and what I have said here before as well, that the acid baths given these helmets often changes the paint color. Most of the times just a shade or two. But in this case it seems pretty dramatic.

The rest raises questions that I don't have answers for? Was it a refurbished helmet that was overpainted and a new decal? I'll leave the decal authentication to others.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you MAP your opinion is always welcome. I'm looking forward to examining this helmet.
    Interestingly enough my first relic helmet, found in a completely different area, has paint hues very similar to this helmet, only textured and reversed, green over grey. I think the color change is a combination of old over exposed paint and acid etching leaving behind a chalky residue that significantly distorts the original color.
    I'm going to buy a few uncleaned relics to experiment with the effects of the acid and a post cleaning wax to see if it brings back the luster of the paint.

Default Relic m35

My first M35 with very similar color hues.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed. ET66 SS semi relic helmet.  

Default 2

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed. ET66 SS semi relic helmet.  

?

I have also a ,grey wss helmet like this.Found in Demjansk.Found 1992 or so.I think this helmet is not cleaned with a acid bath.Because acid makes the alumium liner changes color.It becomes yellow.My helmet has the same grey color en it is not cleaned with acid,oxalic acid.

MAP
    ?

how then was it cleaned? Not challenging what your saying but curious because outside of an acid bath, how would you get rid of the rust? Most notably around the decal area
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast