Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with SS helmet for sale Please

Article about: This helmet is up for sale and would appreciate some opinions as this is not my strong suit if I have one. To my eyes I do not like the decal, I am not a fan of the liner and the chinstrap l

Default Help with SS helmet for sale Please

This helmet is up for sale and would appreciate some opinions as this is not my strong suit if I have one. To my eyes I do not like the decal, I am not a fan of the liner and the chinstrap looks like a repro. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. This is way out of my league but would be happy to own if original. That is a big IF! The pictures are from the seller and are not the best. My apologies in advance.
    John

Help with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale PleaseHelp with SS helmet for sale Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with SS helmet for sale Please
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The big "if" is a big "no".

That is not a real ET SS decal. Round bottom. runes too close to the edge. etc. etc.

Check this out for comparison.

Et ss decal

Liner and chin strap are no good either IMHO
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's a round bottom jobby no?
    Ah Map pointed it out

Another total "restoration" coming onto the market to make a quick buck.

And, as I've droned on about before, one that will be accepted as original once we all have shuffled off this mortal coil!

( as you can tell, lockdown is giving me the sh#ts!!) ....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

1 look fake SS decal. It's a shame as it looks like they have removed the Heer decal from the other side.

Thank you for the replies and confirmation. What is the determination on the liner and chinstrap?
    The helmet is in an auction with several other tunics and a couple of visors and some dummy guns. Dummy guns are already at crazy prices. The helmet is currently at $950 US.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Thank you for the replies and confirmation. What is the determination on the liner and chinstrap?
    The helmet is in an auction with several other tunics and a couple of visors and some dummy guns. Dummy guns are already at crazy prices. The helmet is currently at $950 US.
    John
    Chinstrap and liner also fake John.

MAP
    ?

Price is not even close. The only real thing is the shell and that has been "ruined" by adding a decal. Personally I place no value on something like this.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you Map. I agree that something like this has no value.
    John

The helmet sold for $1452.00 including fees. Someone is not going to be very happy.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast