Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hull m35 DD SS

Article about: Good guys , I would need opinion on this helmet m35 SS double decal , inside appears a name and my question is that I have doubts about its originality , as well as the decals . I would say

Default Hull m35 DD SS

Good guys , I would need opinion on this helmet m35 SS double decal , inside appears a name and my question is that I have doubts about its originality , as well as the decals . I would say that the only genuine thing is the helmet and the rest is later , but I am no expert . Any help is welcome , thank you very much

Hull m35 DD SS
    Hull m35 DD SS
    Hull m35 DD SS
    Hull m35 DD SS
    Hull m35 DD SS
    Hull m35 DD SS
    Hull m35 DD SS
    Hull m35 DD SS

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hull m35 DD SS
    P
    Many

Decals are bad.

Jim beat me to it. The SS looks like the classic round bottom and the party shield is in focus enough to spot the sawtooth print.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hull m35 DD SS  

MAP
    ?

The decals are over a pitted shell as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A one look fake , the naming itself with the SS in it is a red flag all by itself.

Lt. Spiegel? There were no Lieutenants in the German army...

Of course there were lieutenants in the German army (oberleutnant) in this case I think in this helmet the initials are leutnant (ensign) but as I said in the initial post for me only the helmet is original nothing else,the decals seemed fake to me but the writing inside I was not sure as well as the painting , I wanted to know your opinions because I am not an expert so thanks to everyone.

What I believe RustyrRelics is trying to convey is that there was no rank designated as a Leutnant within the SS. The equivalent rank was, Untersturmführer. So once again the mere fact your helmet was designated as belonging to Lt. Spiegel is a red flag.

My.02 cents.

Joel

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    Lt. Spiegel? There were no Lieutenants in the German army...
    Yes there were just not in the SS.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Correct. It is not mine the helmet surfing the internet I found that it was for sale and wanted to have the opinion of the forum, greetings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast