Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE

Article about: Congratulations Jim. A VERY desirable authentic helmet. And worth a few \\$ too. It's a beauty. I would say Doug likes it too

?

Default Re: M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE

Been away for a while and look what I missed.

Jim do you mind posting a straight on shot of the decal, head on with no flash glare and in perfect focus and in natural light if possible? Can we also see a shot of what would be the decal area of the left side as well?

The decal appears to be a correct EF runic decal. The EF decal is the one that is the least faked and have never seen a "good" EF fake as they never get it right. Also there is another EF SS 3115 lot numbered helmet and this lot number range is a good one with SS EF helmets.

I have no problems with the wire either and the marriage between the wire and shell looks legitimate.

Better photos are needed to tell 100% for sure - but I think we have a winner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE
    P
    Many

God to have you back Doug. Iv'e been watching this thread for a while wondering when you would comment.I hope this one is a good one. We don't see many straight up SS lids on WRF!

Yeah I have been keeping quite on this one as well. Its a hard one to judge

at the time i posted this i only had three pics that i thought were any good ...but i took these today.....jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE   M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE  

M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE   M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE  

These look better!

...i would have posted sooner but i have been out of town more pics if you want them....my great uncle gave this helmet and the reichkriegerbund flag on my blog ( one of the rearest flags around) and a lot of stuff to my grandfather in 1945 ....in 1969 he passedaway and i got them from my grand mother . she knew that i wanted them ..this is as real as they get my friends .....i dont like handling it to much as i always see rust on my hands so there is always less on the wire...this is only the second time it has been out of the safe in 10 years....i tryed to concentrate just on the wire and the decal ....i am a f.n.g. to this posting pictures and have quite a time figuring out how its done....jim .

Thanks Jim, I keep some cotton gloves for handling medals where I want to keep my greasy fingerprints from tarnishing the finish, perhaps that might help with handling your helmet. I have to say its a crying shame to keep the lid in a safe like that, I think it should be displayed and enjoyed.

Keep the photos coming and also post any other goodies you may have if you don't mind. There's a hungry appetite for artifacts here!

?

I see no problem with the EF decal at all. The wire I have no problems with either and would love to see it in hand. I would be more than interested in getting a hands on this one someday! Cheers, thanks for posting!

?

PS the other EF 3115 was an EF SS helmet I used to own. Looking at the photo above of the lot number and size stamping it is identically stamped in the Arial font rear skirt maker and size, both are 66s. Interestingly enough the other 2 EF SS helmets also on my records are 3035 also Arial rear stamped, which is very unusual for EF SS helmets which are typically side stamped in Serif font. A GHW member brought this up and so I began looking at EF SS M42s with the rear Arial stamp, so good to see a second twin of this one out there. There is NO question this helmet and decal are 100% real. The wire I believe to also be authentic to the helmet as well.

Jim, would you mind seeing if you can read the date on the liner band and if there are any chinstrap markings?

no marking on the chinstrap ...and i dont want to damage the linner any more then it is now its getting very brittal and already is starting to crack...and a few more pics....jim ...i am glad to see someone on this site knows his s-it about helmets .....thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE   M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE  

M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE   M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE  

M/42 single decal SS W/CHICKEN WIRE  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast