Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 DD Helmet - semi relic condition

Article about: its a mine field out there. thank god for the forum, to steer us in the rt direction.deadeye

?

Default M35 DD Helmet - semi relic condition

Hi guys today the day i believe iv found my first pot that i can actually afford and i believe to be real but i always like another opinion please share what you think.

As i said the Helmet is in semi relic condition so the shell it self shows no markings inside as it corroded and you cannot remove whats left of the liner as well but the chinstrap is amazingly still complete.

Thanks

Tom,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Helmet - semi relic condition
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M35 DD Helmet - semi relic condition

Hi Tom, I'm afraid it's a bad one. Both decals are reproductions. =(

Samir

RZM
    ?

I agree with Samir. Look at the decals and how parts of them go into the pitting in spots. If they had truly been on there and in the ground for 70+ years, the pitting would have destroyed the decals in those spots. I hope that makes sense.

?

If you look closely at the top left of the decal in the second picture you can see the black border of the shield looks like it was not even touched in new condition which would not make sense for a relic lid.

?

Thanks for your reply's i can see what your saying about the decal going into pitted areas of the helmet. The guy who was trying to sell this said it had been found in Poland laying on its side in a forest he said probably at a angle just above the party decal as there is a hole their hence its just a weathered old helmet. The guy also has a website if you guys would like to check it out: Colonels Militaria the helmet is on
    it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction again and i still think iv got a hell of a lot to learn before i go out and buy myself a SS helmet. The Warandpeaceshow was a major minefield as well.

Tom,

?

Look at the area of rubbing around both the decals to prepare the area to put them on . Sometimes the cleaning of this area can be where someone has " dug them out " to expose them but not in this case i'm afraid.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Colonels militaria has other fake items, including SS cotton reels and dubious Jewish stars. He want nearly £1500 for that fake SS helmet.

?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Colonels militaria has other fake items, including SS cotton reels and dubious Jewish stars. He want nearly £1500 for that fake SS helmet.
    He offered me it for £1k yesterday which sent alarm bells ringing

?

Quite correct Douglas there are a lot of 4th Reich items on that site i'm afraid , anyone know who the Colonel is ??
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Sorry decals are fakes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast