Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M35 DD SS ET64, lot # 4404

Article about: This arrived in the mail today. Completing my M35 collection, now having one each for Heer, Luft, KM, Police and SS. AKA the Fab 5! M35 DD SS ET64, lot # 4404, reinforced aluminium liner ban

Very Nice Michael! Nice lineup too

Z

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD SS ET64, lot # 4404
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Really nice honest patina, you know this one saw war service. Good textbook example after a run of duds on the forum recently.
    Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    What a real DD SS in this forum section ? I had to blink twice. No three times. Top helmet Michael.
    Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Very Nice Michael! Nice lineup too

Z
    Thanks Gents.

Yes, nice to have a "one looker" (without conceit) as this one does't really require much analysis/vetting.

Hoping to find out a bit more history on it at the upcoming Max Show.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Can't really add anything more to what others haven't already said it's just a beautiful honest field issued SS Helmet like Enid Blyton you have the famous five something very special in itself congratulations Mike on completing a mission you set out many years ago to achieve.so pleased for you and awesome photo of the five together as well.........cool

Fantastic lid, map! Great photos as always.

MAP
    ?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Can't really add anything more to what others haven't already said it's just a beautiful honest field issued SS Helmet like Enid Blyton you have the famous five something very special in itself congratulations Mike on completing a mission you set out many years ago to achieve.so pleased for you and awesome photo of the five together as well.........cool
    Thanks Jake. I have lot's of goals i put together as a kid. This one is now completed. The other three goals were:

1) One of each of all the major German combat awards (just one or two more to go)
    2) One of each of all the major participants Rifles (80% complete)
    3) One of each of all the major participants Pistols (30% complete)

So while technically I'm done with helmets, I still have other things to keep me occupied!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very nice pickup Michael! Helmets and rifle collecting for me will never end

As said elsewhere - super pleased for you. Without a doubt a 'one looker'.
    You're never done with helmet collecting - i guarantee you will find something else you like ;-)

nick

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    As said elsewhere - super pleased for you. Without a doubt a 'one looker'.
    You're never done with helmet collecting - i guarantee you will find something else you like ;-)

nick
    Thanks Nick.

You are correct. I'm sure I will find a helmet I like or can upgrade here or there. Just that all the gaps have finally been filled.

Now to just let some helmets go!

That's a beauty Micheal, I'd like to own one but a little out of my price range, thanks for sharing
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

MAP
    ?

Quote by SHEMP H View Post
    That's a beauty Micheal, I'd like to own one but a little out of my price range, thanks for sharing
    Thanks Bill. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3