Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 DD SS ET64, lot # 4404

Article about: This arrived in the mail today. Completing my M35 collection, now having one each for Heer, Luft, KM, Police and SS. AKA the Fab 5! M35 DD SS ET64, lot # 4404, reinforced aluminium liner ban

MAP
    ?

Default M35 DD SS ET64, lot # 4404

This arrived in the mail today. Completing my M35 collection, now having one each for Heer, Luft, KM, Police and SS. AKA the Fab 5!

M35 DD SS ET64, lot # 4404, reinforced aluminium liner band dated 1939 by Werner Zahn. Typical ET darker pea green color and ET pattern decal.

While not minty. It is a solid example in very good condition given the combat use it has seen. SS Decal have some hits but not in critical areas. Liner is very soft and flexible.

Helmet does have a ding on the forehead area that has created a very small crease. Helmet must have been dropped at one point.

Chin strap is marked with the owners initials MRV.

An added bonus is that the helmet at one time was a winter white wash. You can see where it was scrubbed on both the interior skirt as well as the exterior

Photos were taken in bright sunshine which shows much more wear than actually looks like in hand. The paint on the helmet is actually quite strong.

Enjoy!

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD SS ET64, lot # 4404
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Mission accomplished! Good looking example Michael. Just the right amount of wear so you know it actually saw some use. Well done and congratulations!

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

Quote by M38 View Post
    Mission accomplished! Good looking example Michael. Just the right amount of wear so you know it actually saw some use. Well done and congratulations!

Cheers,
    Terry
    Thanks Terry. Always like a little wear to a helmet as long as it doesn't come with a crappy liner. So all in all I'm quite happy. We say it all the time, but in this case it is true, in hand it looks much nicer.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Absolutely stunning helmet, not one for SS helmets normally but I’ve gotta say that’s a beauty! Love the remains of whitewash too really helps make it. Congrats!

It's no good Michael! the liner string isn't tied correctly Mate!!

TWS
    ?

Wow! Well done sir! I like helmets in this condition. Really nice but with enough wear to know it saw history and wasn't a warehouse queen.

Thanks for keeping me in suspense about it even after I told you what I had inbound!

Today was Christmas for both of us and I'll try to make a thread tonight.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

A beauty Michael! Congratulations

This one has so many great features and was obviously a been there done that helmet that was used extensively during war.

Great photos and grouping to really set the seen. Very nice.
    Andy

MAP
    ?

Thanks Gents.

Sorry Todd: Tried to keep this one a secret. Tough as I was quite excited

Rene: Thanks for pointing out the flaws....any other issues you see

Bothi/Andy: Yes, this one was there. One day I may upgrade to one that is a step up but so hard to find these.

Here is a group photo

Great photo I was just going to ask to see the “Fab five” all together

raz
    ?

Beautiful helmets sir and the dbl decal ss is outstanding ! One day I hope to acquire a nice ss helmet but would need a lot of help as I have never really studied them . Congrats on your mission complete.
    Dennis

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast