Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD SS - Good or Bad?

Article about: I recently bought this helmet from the only guy I trust with German headgear. I'm confident that it is legit, but after some bad experiences with other "dealers" I have learned the

?

Default M35 DD SS - Good or Bad?

I recently bought this helmet from the only guy I trust with German headgear. I'm confident that it is legit, but after some bad experiences with other "dealers" I have learned the value of asking for opinions

I'm new to the forum and would appreciate member input.

Also trying to figure out why it has become so difficult to find M35 Luft. DD helmets. When I started collecting they were available and usually the most affordable.

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD SS - Good or Bad?   M35 DD SS - Good or Bad?  

M35 DD SS - Good or Bad?   M35 DD SS - Good or Bad?  

M35 DD SS - Good or Bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD SS - Good or Bad?
    P
    Many

Well it is a big purchase a DD SS helmet but in order to give a good evaluation you need ultra high resolution crispy clear photos of the decals.
    Can you manage better ones ? Shot from straight up.

?

M35 DD SS - Good or Bad?M35 DD SS - Good or Bad?Sorry! Try these.

?

How do you get values for German helmets? I see a lot of asking prices for nice ones (big prices!), but is that what people are paying?

I've noticed prices for more common German WWII Militaria have seemed to have leveled off (flags, edged weapons, Lugers, P38's and 98K's), but Helmets and visors seem to keep increasing in value (?)
    Last edited by BDMERC; 03-21-2020 at 06:45 PM. Reason: sentax

?

Looks like a nice helmet

The close ups are still blurry. You can see it when you click on them.

These look like good Q SS decals.

The colour of the decals are so vibrant - you must ask yourself why. The helmet shell and liner look as if they have been through a war, the decals do not necessarily. I mean, we see ‘damage’ to the decals, but again, the age of the decals look inconsistent to the rest of the helmet. I'm no expert, just an observation. I understand that good condition doesn't = fake, so if determined as being genuine then congratulations

Regards, Scotty.

They indeed look very shiny, but the whole outside has a very shiny look to it, maybe it was recently cleaned, it almost looks a bit wet, but that could just be my eyes.

?

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking it is correct, and you may cringe when I tell you that I wiped it off with a Rig Rag before displaying it. The humidity where I live is overwhelming, and I do not want it to deteriorate further. 20 years ago I could have done better photos with a "real" camera, but not as steady as I used to be!

Still looking for a good source on helmet values or actual purchase prices for current offerings. I've gotten the impression that really nice/ original helmets sell for whatever the seller asks. Maybe a supply and demand thing.