Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 dd ss helmet

Article about: I will not give up Relating to manufacturer and lotnumber, the only thing i can see : ..64 and 3.61

Default M40 dd ss helmet

I will not give up Relating to manufacturer and lotnumber, the only thing i can see : ..64 and 3.61
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 dd ss helmet   M40 dd ss helmet  

M40 dd ss helmet   M40 dd ss helmet  

M40 dd ss helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 dd ss helmet
    P
    Many

my excuses, for the manufacturer, took a picture of the wrong side...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 dd ss helmet   M40 dd ss helmet  

And now in the good direction...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 dd ss helmet  

Also a humped up relic sorry to say. Fake decals.

This helmet almost looks like its been dropped in acid shortly after a paint. I have to say, the chances of buying half a dozen original SS helmets at “a rather low price” in this day and age are very, very slim. I would recommend asking the very experienced members here prior to purchase in the future.

Why can't this be a pocher runic decal ?

Well, you may say : 'he doesn't know nothing about German helmets and he dares to have critics'. Don't feel it this way. But I guess there are a lot of relic helmets that look this way (but I can be wrong..)....And yes, I guess that 99% of the real SS-helmets cost more than a lot of money. But using this as an argument looks to me a bridge to far..The old person who sold this helmet had it in his posession for many years and doesn't know to surf on the internet. And a person who throws a good helmet (even after putting on fake decals) in acid so it looks like this ? Again...Everything is possible...I have had someone telling me that he threw a living cat in a burning stove and had to use so much power to keep the cat in (ps i am a veterinary surgeon, he told me like is was a very normal thing to do) and he was proud of it !!!!!! But how much would a helmet cost in this condition even with real decals ? And how to predict how the helmet comes out of the acid ? As I said, my first purpose why a became a member is to learn something and to hear real arguments and the answer to the question : 'why'. Please don't think that I am upset because you say this helmet and the decals are fake...On the contrary I am thankfull for it !

Best regards. Erwin

Hello Erwin , the why is easy to tell you but hard to understand from your point of view.
    Why are decals fake ? Because they do not match the originals graphically and construction wise.
    Runes are easy to copy , as the design is simple but still there are certain things to look for that take experience. Experience is built from viewing hundreds if not thousands of examples.
    The Pocher fake is the most common out there and the ideal candidate to apply to any shell. This particular is easy because the party shield is a very bad copy.

I appreciate your experience, time and effort you put in answering my question. Let me though ask you one more question : how should this party shield look like ? I may not see the difference with the party shield on this particular helmet (as I do not see the difference with a real pocher when I compare this one with yours sent in a previous post) , but then let it be so....I do not question your profound knowledge and experience ! Thanks in advance

Please look on my website, you will notice the white circle sits lower on original.
    SS Decals – German Helmet Vault

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast