Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 qss nostalgic memories 1977

Article about: Got a kick out of seeing this up for sale 9 years ago on Ken's site. I had bought this in 1977 as my first SS helmet for \\$250. I have included pics of my friend & I camping in upstate N.

Default M40 qss nostalgic memories 1977

Got a kick out of seeing this up for sale 9 years ago on Ken's site. I had bought this in 1977 as my first SS helmet for $250. I have included pics of my friend & I camping in upstate N.Y. in 1977 wearing it while hiking & fishing. I am the one with the cooler in my hand. At 21 years old, what could be more fun than hiking in the woods with an SS lid on my head ? Nothing !! I would stake my life it is the same lid, hard to forget one with that decal damage. I tried to buy it back 9 years ago at $3500...but was too late:weep:

What I would give to be 21 again
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 qss nostalgic memories 1977   M40 qss nostalgic memories 1977  

M40 qss nostalgic memories 1977   M40 qss nostalgic memories 1977  

M40 qss nostalgic memories 1977   M40 qss nostalgic memories 1977  

M40 qss nostalgic memories 1977  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 qss nostalgic memories 1977
    P
    Many

David, that is clearly not you, but one of the elusive US disguised "infiltration units" in the Ardennes. Stop trying to place yourself into war time history!! LOL. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    David, that is clearly not you, but one of the elusive US disguised "infiltration units" in the Ardennes. Stop trying to place yourself into war time history!! LOL. Leon.
    Only difference was instead of a box of ammo or grenades, it was a box of beer !!

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Only difference was instead of a box of ammo or grenades, it was a box of beer !!
    All empty I'm sure! Great helmet!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You look like a couple of dudes from the Bandidos Motorcycle Club.
    Nice looking lid.

Is this your old helmet? I am looking at it as I type. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 qss nostalgic memories 1977  

Jim...you have it ? I sold it in 1980...had not seen it again until almost 30 years later when Ken got hold of it.

Yes...that is it. Jim is it even a Q...because the decal looks Pocher ? Might be an ET helmet, I know the interior was repainted a couple of times obscuring the maker mark from what I think Ken said. Some sort of re-issue or repaint
    David

Some wonderful personal history right there David.

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Some wonderful personal history right there David.
    Hi KM

Yes...to see a helmet I once owned 30 years ago...well at this point 40 years ago is exciting to me. Maybe Jim will part with it, but unlikely !! (LOL)

Quote by real steel View Post
    Jim...you have it ? I sold it in 1980...had not seen it again until almost 30 years later when Ken got hold of it.

Yes...that is it. Jim is it even a Q...because the decal looks Pocher ? Might be an ET helmet, I know the interior was repainted a couple of times obscuring the maker mark from what I think Ken said. Some sort of re-issue or repaint
    David
    Hi Dave, It is a Q, but a reissue/refurb, as the decal is indeed a Pocher. It is on a shelf in the helmet room but we are doing a little renovation and I can't get to it, too much crap in the way. It apparently made the rounds after Ken sold it as I picked it up from Craig Gottlieb about 7 or 8 years ago for a few hundred more than what Ken apparently realized. It is my only M40 SD SS. If you have a comparable and have a semi mental, I mean sentimental, yearning to reunite with this one, as she was your first, and we all remember our first, send me a PM. jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast