Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 SS helmet single decal

Article about: So here is another one which i am more confident of. No stamps visible anymore in the shell...Liner and shell in very bad condition too....Thanks again in advance for any feedback !

Default M40 SS helmet single decal

So here is another one which i am more confident of. No stamps visible anymore in the shell...Liner and shell in very bad condition too....Thanks again in advance for any feedback !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS helmet single decal   M40 SS helmet single decal  

M40 SS helmet single decal   M40 SS helmet single decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS helmet single decal
    P
    Many

I know that no definitive answer can be said without the manufacturer, but telling me everything what can be said about this helmet could be a learning process for me and others..... So my question is not only the authenticity...

Good photos and with as much information as possible is always best. You want photos of the front, both sides and the back. You want one photo of the decal straight on, not from above or below but straight on. The maker is important information. I know it can be difficult sometimes in very poor condition helmets to determine but if you take good photos of the right area usually we can figure it out. Your photos should look something like this. But to be perfectly honest with you I wouldn't have a great deal of hope for it. It appears to have the classic round bottom fake decal, the liner is from an M35 and the outside does not appear to be original.

Best Regards,

Max
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS helmet single decal   M40 SS helmet single decal  

Thanks for the advice. I should have removed the inner liner that is loose and obvious does not belong to this helmet. i will take new photos today although I wonder if I should not post it in the forum of relic helmets.

The photos still need improvement but this decal is a Pocher fake for me.

Traces of rubbing to see manufacturer and lotnumber is my fault ...

M40 SS helmet single decal  

Dont like it. Looks like another semi-Relic helmet where an SS Decal has been added over the Rust, if the Decals on such helmets are in a good state, they look different. This one looks like it was applied and then instantly rubbed off with a wet sponge or smth similar.