Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 winter camo

Article about: Hello guys, just had 2 camo's in. First I share this winter camo. Later I will share a sud camo M35. I feel pretty confident about this M40. Was looking for some opinions. Sorry for the whit

Default M40 winter camo

Hello guys,

just had 2 camo's in. First I share this winter camo. Later I will share a sud camo M35. I feel pretty confident about this M40. Was looking for some opinions.
    Sorry for the white background
    Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 winter camo   M40 winter camo  

M40 winter camo   M40 winter camo  

M40 winter camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 winter camo
    P
    Many

Not for me, looks like it's been painted with household gloss paint!...

I agree with The Gunny!

Hi, it doesn't look good, I have to admit, it appears to have been sprayed, then had an extra level "tipped" onto it. Just does not look right at all especially around the rim, where the wear is non existent. Leon.

That quality of painting reminds me of why I don't let my wife near a brush when I'm decorating...

?

Sorry, but I could not see how you feel pretty good about this one

Regards,
    Bas

thanks so far. what I mean by confident is that I bought it at a dealer with guarantee. I was hoping to keep it because it is all original...

Better photos of this one here

Tarnmilitaria.com | V 2.0

I will say I like the discoloration/patina but, as proven by the photos here vs. the dealers photos, it's impossible to tell what's the actual in hand tint... these are very hard to photograph accurately. Secondly, I don't find gloss paint a problem per se and the wear issue, especially with some white going over the rim, could possibly mean late war white paint over years of previous wear (now showing for the most part on the inside) and then directly to depot. I find the two layers, as pointed out by Fallschirmjager, odd looking though...

Again, pros would be patina (for an old and intact white paint with nothing but storage wear) and inside (although the leather parts etc. would not mean much towards authenticity of the camo) --- something that doesn't really matter in my eyes would be the glossy nature of the paint, this is not unheard of and the lack of wear could be explained by nearly no usage after application (I have seen several out of Norway looking this way--- helmets on strictly non-combat occupational duties would not see much wear and tear, if any at all) --- cons would be, in part, white paint going over the rim and the strange issue of there seemingly being two layers of white directly on top of each other...

That's just my summation. I will say,however, that I think the skepticism is perfectly understandable and that I'm on the fence myself--- there are examples out there that certainly exhibit at least some of these points, here considered issues, that have nevertheless been accepted as authentic.

Here some pictures in daylight. The dealer I trust. I bought good items from him before. I did not mention the name. But now it is out there I feel the need I do not doubt him. I am curious on different opinions though
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 winter camo   M40 winter camo  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast