Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 with a camo cover

Article about: Another one in local auction here in Finland. Condition is little rough but do you think that it is authentic? These are only photos I have.

Default M42 with a camo cover

Another one in local auction here in Finland.
    Condition is little rough but do you think that it is authentic?
    These are only photos I have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 with a camo cover   M42 with a camo cover  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 with a camo cover
    P
    Many

They added two photos more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 with a camo cover   M42 with a camo cover  

On my phone it looks like the runes are above the break, so I would say on that alone it's no good and I would pass. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    On my phone it looks like the runes are above the break, so I would say on that alone it's no good and I would pass. Jim G.
    Yup. Runes are above the break. And that bright orange rust is indicating it is a recent creation as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Fails on a number of grounds, cover shouldn't be a HBT fabric like I can see here. Fabric has some straight line cuts. Obviously contrived patina without even looking at the decal. Good cover below;

M42 with a camo cover

And the liner is another big red flag as well.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Fails on a number of grounds, cover shouldn't be a HBT fabric like I can see here. Fabric has some straight line cuts. Obviously contrived patina without even looking at the decal. Good cover below;

M42 with a camo cover
    Well spotted!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for answers! Only things that I suspected were liner and orange rust, but there were so many more things wrong with this helmet.
    Unfortunately someone bought this helmet for 700€ + 20% comission. Too bad that most people buy first and ask later.

I was watching that auction as well. Was also curious about the authenticity, thanks for posting.

M42 with a camo cover
    M42 with a camo cover
    M42 with a camo cover

The same helmet popped up for sale again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast