Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 - ET 64 / lot 206

Article about: Hello, I am interested in an M42 helmet that an acquaintance would be ready to sell me. I already saw it some time ago and I am waiting for the photos. can you tell me if the marking (not to

?

Default M42 - ET 64 / lot 206

Hello,

I am interested in an M42 helmet that an acquaintance would be ready to sell me.
    I already saw it some time ago and I am waiting for the photos.
    can you tell me if the marking (not top readable) corresponds well to a WSS headset.
    This is an M 42 SD ET 64 / lot 206 or 208.

Thank you for your time.

Cordially.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 - ET 64 / lot 206
    P
    Many

Is it supposed to be an SS helmet? it is my understanding - and I could be wrong - that all M42 SS helmets from that manufacturer are maker marked ckl, not ET. I don't think I have ever seen an M42 ET SS helmet. Just a red flag that should be addressed. Jim G.

According to a lot number data base on another forum, the first M42 SS helmets from that maker are ckl marked and start at lot numbers in the 26XX range. Beware.

?

Hello helmet2id,
    Thank you for your very comprehensive response.
    Indeed it is about a WSS helmet.
    I just contacted my friend to ask him to take a closer look at the marking which is almost unreadable.
    He is not very sure of himself on the marking above the chinstrap, it may be that it is an EF.
    the marking on the back of the neck has 3 very poorly marked numbers except the 1st number; 206 or 8.
    On the other hand it is certain that they are runes of ET.
    On the site I could see on messages that EF helmets had ET decals.
    This is why before embarking on negotiations I prefer to be on the marking.
    Although I have complete confidence in this person, with ss helmets you never know. It is better to have a clear conscience when going into the buying phase.
    Thanks again.

Cordially.

Quote by FABIE View Post
    Hello helmet2id,
    Thank you for your very comprehensive response.
    Indeed it is about a WSS helmet.
    I just contacted my friend to ask him to take a closer look at the marking which is almost unreadable.
    He is not very sure of himself on the marking above the chinstrap, it may be that it is an EF.
    the marking on the back of the neck has 3 very poorly marked numbers except the 1st number; 206 or 8.
    On the other hand it is certain that they are runes of ET.
    On the site I could see on messages that EF helmets had ET decals.
    This is why before embarking on negotiations I prefer to be on the marking.
    Although I have complete confidence in this person, with ss helmets you never know. It is better to have a clear conscience when going into the buying phase.
    Thanks again.

Cordially.
    While there is a correlation between helmet makers and SS decals there is no such thing with lot numbers versus branches. Take into account that any existing lot number lists present only a tiny miniscule fraction of millions of helmets produced. So it is perfectly possible the exact match is not found or will never be found.

Best just always post photos and you will know for sure without a doubt what you have is fake or genuine.

For the record, I own an original SS ET M42. They do indeed exist.

For the record, I own an original SS ET M42. They do indeed exist.

Would love to see it. That is what is so much fun about this hobby, You can always learn. Been collecting for 60 years off and on and never saw one. Thinking back there was a thread on either this forum or GHW about an ET M42 SS helmet, which was huge - a 70 I think. I don't remember if the poster actually posted a picture. Please start a thread with yours. Jim G.

?

Hello,
    Below are 3 photos of the helmet.
    I opt more for EF with ET runes.
    Thanks to all of you for the posts before.
    Cordially.

M42 - ET 64 / lot 206

sorry I can't position the photos well...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 - ET 64 / lot 206   M42 - ET 64 / lot 206  

If you can post a decent close-up you would not need to cast a vote...
    If you can show a lot number photo we can also tell you the maker of the helmet.
    These photos are useless.

?

Ok I'll see what I can do.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast