Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

M42 ET 64 SS Helmet w/Chicken Wire

Article about: I have a chance to acquire this helmet …just would like some feedback , opinions to its authenticity . It’s an M42 ET 64 …hard to make out the last digit. Lot # looks like 190. I don

?

Default M42 ET 64 SS Helmet w/Chicken Wire

I have a chance to acquire this helmet …just would like some feedback , opinions to its authenticity . It’s an M42 ET 64 …hard to make out the last digit. Lot # looks like 190. I don’t believe the chicken wire is original to the helmet…but overall a nice looking helmet. I had 2 long time helmet collectors look at it at a show and they believe it’s correct w/possible exception to the chicken wire. Any opinions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks M42 ET 64  SS Helmet w/Chicken WireM42 ET 64  SS Helmet w/Chicken WireM42 ET 64  SS Helmet w/Chicken WireM42 ET 64  SS Helmet w/Chicken WireM42 ET 64  SS Helmet w/Chicken WireM42 ET 64  SS Helmet w/Chicken WireM42 ET 64  SS Helmet w/Chicken WireM42 ET 64  SS Helmet w/Chicken WireM42 ET 64  SS Helmet w/Chicken Wire

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ET 64  SS Helmet w/Chicken Wire
    P
    Many

Complete fake. Bad decal , liner , paint and wire ...
    An original one would not even hit the open market it would get snatched up before you can say SS.

MAP
    ?

Missed this one. Agree with Frank. Just the shell is original.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There's a lesson here.

Quote by 71Mach View Post
    I had 2 long time helmet collectors look at it at a show and they believe it’s correct w/possible exception to the chicken wire. Any opinions or comments would be appreciated.

Hello,
    I don't collect WSS stuff, so my comment won't be about the helmet. If you know these "2 long time helmet collectors" and meet them on a regular basis at fairs, now you know that their opinions are not to be taken into account.
    You did learn at least two things in this thread, the helmet is crap and the two guys as well.
    It's still a smart idea to post items on the forum before the purchase, you did right, congrats, your well earned money will be spent on something better i guess.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)